Confusion over the best of Headphones.
Jun 12, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:
Well that brings us to the question of features/needs verses sound quality. I have a pair of Shure SRH-840's and they are quite heavy, have exposed wires, and are not as flexible as the M50's making them less suitable for portability. 

It's hardly a revelation that (even good) cans costing about $150 street are not perfect for all uses.  On the issue of portability alone, the M50's are too big--even when folded up.  There are better choices if that is your #1 concern.

Jun 20, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

It's hardly a revelation that (even good) cans costing about $150 street are not perfect for all uses.  On the issue of portability alone, the M50's are too big--even when folded up.  There are better choices if that is your #1 concern.

The Headphones arrived today. Like new even though bought as second hand, Im very happy with them, and though they may not be the best headphones out there they walk all over my previous pair so I have no complaints at all, thanks again for all the advice.

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #33 of 34
Its been a while since I bought the Shure SRH440 headphones and Im thinking of changing them.Though the sound was excellent and had a solid build I found them heavy, ugly , and the headstrap a little squeaky. I also found the wires at the side off putting and the cups a little sweaty.

Anyway I found a good price on a pair of AKG K99 and was hoping someone could give me the lowdown, sound quality, build etc and if they are comparable to the Shure  I currently have.
I also have a bit more money this time around so was thinking of hunting down a pair of the discussed Shure SRH 840 if the quality of the AKG K99 dont turn out to be so good.

Cheers!

H.

Dec 2, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #34 of 34
What was I thinking,

Ended blowing my budget on some Audio Technica ATH M50X thanks to this post http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-113-portable-headphones-reviewed-alpha-design-labs-adl-h118-added-07-15-14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back