Confirmed: ATH-W1000!
Oct 29, 2002 at 4:14 PM Post #16 of 41
Is it possible that ATH-W1000i is almost the same as W2002, but without the exquisite lacquer finish?

The technology and outward appearance does look very similar, if I'm not completely mistaken:

http://home.earthlink.net/~runningco...002/page1.html

On a related note, does anyone know how the cable of ATH-W2002 is constructed? Single ground wire or separate ground for each channel? Can the cables be easily replaced on any of the Audio Technica cans?

regards,
Halcyon

Oct 29, 2002 at 5:08 PM Post #17 of 41
Good things come to those who procrastinate...
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2002 at 7:21 PM Post #18 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by Uncledan
oh man, ATH-W1000 looks so cool. Based on www.audio-technica.co.jp said, ATH-W1000 is also used D.A.D.S (Double Air Danping System) (same as W2002), which will give more bass to the headphone. I really want to get one of it when it release next month, but it is no way to buy it in Canada or online.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Audiocubes is probably the safest way to buy these phones. After all, they put some money into this site, you might as well support them. They're not cheap but I don't think they're making a killing either. We've been arguing the differnce between thw W2002 and the W1000 in the Japanese forums but the word is that the W1000 may be BETTER than the W2002 for most stuff. I can't confirm that yet, I'm sure it's just jealous flames
biggrin.gif

Please note: DADS = Acronym for a cavity in the phones. It's like calling a Polo mint hole a Flavour Release System.

Oct 29, 2002 at 7:54 PM Post #19 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by jatinder
The W1000s appear to look identical to the W2002.

Yep, they look almost identical. The only differences I can tell are the wood finish and the cable comes out only on one side (like w100).

Oct 29, 2002 at 8:01 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by jatinder
The W1000s appear to look identical to the W2002.

BTW: Bangraman - I'm based at Chancery Lane if you want to meet up re headphones.

--Jatinder

Er, eh? You want to buy my gear? This is when bangraman usually meets face to face... And I'm not Indian by the way, I'm Japanese, although I've been to enough Indian weddings to know bangra dancing (second groom's dad explained it to me perfectly, "pretend you're screwing in lightbulbs with both hands" )
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2002 at 8:12 PM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

bangraman said...

We've been arguing the differnce between thw W2002 and the W1000 in the Japanese forums but the word is that the W1000 may be BETTER than the W2002 for most stuff.

Better? Could you expand on this? What are the reasons and/or guesses people are giving to back this up? I'd love a cheaper back-up of my W2002 that performs just as well...

Oct 29, 2002 at 8:20 PM Post #22 of 41
It's the whole thing about the DADS (holy mints, remember
evil_smiley.gif
)and propre frequency balance being implemented only on the W1000. I dont believe it myself but I dont have a W2002. I will be getting the W1000, 50000 yen is peanuts when you consider it against the overpriced heaps of junk you have over there (hello Mr Grado). Excuse my bias, I'm a bit worse for wear after a few pints
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2002 at 9:43 PM Post #23 of 41
This is the email i got from www.AudioCubes.com

"
Hi Daniel,

We have sent in pricing requests for both the A1000 and W1000. We should
have the prices shortly and will make the products available at our website
(although the actual shipping date of these products will be around the time
of the official release date). We ship internationally and many of our
customers are from Canada. Please let us know if you have more questions.
Thank you.

Kohn
info@audiocubes.com

[ http://www.audiocubes.com ]
Quality and Stylish Audio Gear

[ http://www.minidisct.com ]
Do you know what MiniDisc is?
See web's coolest MiniDisc website!
"
Great!!!, I know they are going to have it. Now, I have to think about which headphone should I get, A1000 or W1000?!?! What is the different between them and which will be better?

confused.gif
confused.gif

Oct 29, 2002 at 10:00 PM Post #24 of 41
Does this have a class A or class B driver? Is it the same driver from the W2002?

Oct 30, 2002 at 12:49 AM Post #25 of 41
How much does A1000 cost?
if it's around the same... hm... tough choice.
I prefer the wooden phone.. but A1000 looks very tough as well.
Maybe I will still go for w1000. I have always wanted myself a pair of w2002 . Since this might sound quite similar and goes for cheaper price I might as well get it
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2002 at 12:53 AM Post #26 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
We've been arguing the differnce between thw W2002 and the W1000 in the Japanese forums but the word is that the W1000 may be BETTER than the W2002 for most stuff. I can't confirm that yet, I'm sure it's just jealous flames
biggrin.gif

Bangraman,

Are these discussions between people who have heard the W2002 and W1000 headphones or is it all based upon speculation? Would you mind summarizing any of the discussions or telling us what some of the listeners of the W1000's have said about them? Also what is the forum's URL address?

Thanks.

Oct 30, 2002 at 6:36 AM Post #27 of 41
Based on the tax rate, 50,00 Vs 25,00, I think W2002s are better than W1000s or A1000s.
Then from the purity of the copper, 99.9999997¢H Vs 99.9997¢H, I guess W1000s are better than A1000s.

So IMHO W2002s > W1000s > A1000s

Oct 30, 2002 at 7:40 AM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by The Quality Guru
Bangraman,

Are these discussions between people who have heard the W2002 and W1000 headphones or is it all based upon speculation? Would you mind summarizing any of the discussions or telling us what some of the listeners of the W1000's have said about them? Also what is the forum's URL address?

Thanks.

It's pure speculation. Noone has a W1000 or a A1000 yet. BTW, the A1000's will be about 40,000 yen, that's 50 quid (*1.48 for you guys in the US) less than the W1000. The coils are different but the rest seems to be pretty much the same in terms of electrics. Will there be a significant difference? For a mere 10,000 yen difference you have a choice between sleek titanium and woody. I'm tempted to go for both, eek

Oct 30, 2002 at 9:08 AM Post #29 of 41
i have decided that my next headphone purchase will be a model from audio technica (i still wish to audition the HD-600...so i guess it's not a definite yet)...i heard a friends model a long time ago...i cannot remember the exact model, but i do remember it being a great experience. i am looking way into the future (i would say about 1-2 yrs down the road) when pondering about this purchase. i am highly attracked to the couple of wooden models audio technica has. i would like to audition them before purchasing if possible, but i do realize that it may be difficult to do so in the US. and if some of you respected head-fier's recommend them with good reviews once they come out, then i think i'll trust the word of mouth as i once did with my ety's (and i'm in love with them). my main question to all you experienced philes out there is, hypothetically, if i do decide to get the new W1000's in a year or two (given the possibility that there might be a limited amount made, accross the globe), are my chances high in actually finding one to own (i would prefer brand new) if they do turn out to be a big hit? i have also read in the past that the limited edition models are somewhat hard to obtain. if it is not possible to even speculate this question, then don't worry about it, i was just wondering. thanx all for the help!

Oct 30, 2002 at 9:32 AM Post #30 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
It's the whole thing about the DADS (holy mints, remember
evil_smiley.gif
)and propre frequency balance being implemented only on the W1000. I dont believe it myself but I dont have a W2002. I will be getting the W1000, 50000 yen is peanuts when you consider it against the overpriced heaps of junk you have over there (hello Mr Grado). Excuse my bias, I'm a bit worse for wear after a few pints
biggrin.gif

Grr.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back