Conclusions !
Sep 18, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #46 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by penartur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just checked - that is yours thread, not his.

.. and what ? What is Your problem with this whole thread ? What you want ?

Sep 18, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #47 of 91
I haven't heard MD in many years, because they're not in the running. But I'd put an iphone 3gs with jh13s against the headphones and md of your choice. I'm selling off most of my gear to get JH13s I was happy enough with the sound of the generics. So yes, I find it hard to believe MD would be enough of an improvement to warrant the hassles involved.

Sep 18, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #48 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard MD in many years, because they're not in the running. But I'd put an iphone 3gs with jh13s against the headphones and md of your choice. I'm selling off most of my gear to get JH13s I was happy enough with the sound of the generics. So yes, I find it hard to believe MD would be enough of an improvement to warrant the hassles involved.

Look, i got me nice fostex full range speakers, and some tubes @ home, and i like good sound you know ... I have some daps, and not too good IEMs - UE super,fi 5 pro, and i see this MD in store ...

I go back home do some online research, and thengo back to store to compare iaudio X5 with this MD ... sound quality make me buy that one ...

And this is what i am talking about ...

I wont bother to coment anymore to other guys who are here just to argue, nothing else ...

Again there is more tech specs about model i am talking about: MD WALKMAN® MZ-RH1 !

When you have it in the hands, and listen - is a pleasure ...

Sep 18, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #50 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by komi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.. and what ? What is Your problem with this whole thread ? What you want ?

You post your opinion, we post our counter rebuttals. I don't think we've been overly hostile.

Quote:

Right, he believes, but did he KNOW ? I am talking here about something I KNOW ... not about something i read somewhere or what i believe ... I am not forcing anyone anything, and why i am arogant ?

I come out with some statement cuz i can compare devices and this is what i am talking about ...

What are YOU talking about ?

If you dont like MDs - OK, no one is forcing you to type here ... if you want to argue with me about something complette diferent - ok, i can argue about anything ...

I do recall me saying that that was perhaps a poor choice of words. What I'm trying to say is that grawk, from his own personal experience with MDs, was that an MD player sound quality was not up to par with other technologies available. You then came out to say that a MD player is absolutely the best that there is, no ifs, ands, or buts. Perhaps I was too quick on my own tongue, I suppose.

Sep 18, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #51 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You post your opinion, we post our counter rebuttals. I don't think we've been overly hostile.

OK, then , tell me YOUR opinion about SOUND quality diference between YOUR 3gs and YOUR MZ-RH1 ...

You cant, you dont have it, you have some guessing or - what ever ...

IF you dont like MDs - OK, thats your choice, BUT tell me where i am wrong ? With arguments ...

IF You dont like me for who knows what reasons, i am sorry, thats Your problem again ...

Sep 18, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #52 of 91
Also, as you've said in your posts, it seems that you haven't heard neither Sony X nor Kenwood; nearly everything you've heard except for MDs is the crap, you've picked the worst sounding DAPs and concluded that your MD player is better SQ-wise. OK, that's true; bt that doesn't mean that your MD player is the best and that there is no good portables. You haven't heard even sansa clip/fuze and cheap sony flash players, but you're saying there "all portables sucks, if you want the sound, go and buy a MD player, it is the best". 100% trollish.

Sep 18, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #53 of 91
Quote:

That is you who is trying to prove something, not he.

I am not trying to prove anything, i post my opinion about sound quality of devices i comapre, what you are trying to do here ?

GEEZZZ, if this forum going to look like this again and again, i am gonna stop posting ... Some guys are just - i dont know what to say ...

Sep 18, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #54 of 91
Quote:

Also, as you've said in your posts, it seems that you haven't heard neither Sony X nor Kenwood; nearly everything you've heard except for MDs is the crap, you've picked the worst sounding DAPs and concluded that your MD player is better SQ-wise. OK, that's true; bt that doesn't mean that your MD player is the best and that there is no good portables. You haven't heard even sansa clip/fuze and cheap sony flash players, but you're saying there "all portables sucks, if you want the sound, go and buy a MD player, it is the best". 100% trollish.

Yes, i listen Sony X, i just dont have it - YET, i just got me Norebook 2 days ago ... and wifey is kinda tired of my DAPs collection ...

By the way, what DAPs you have when all I got is crap ?

Sep 18, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #55 of 91
Quote:

GEEZZZ, if this forum going to look like this again and again, i am gonna stop posting

yes plz

Sep 18, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #56 of 91
Quote:

OK, but again, right now, if you have 400 bucks to buy DAP, what you will buy ?

I have the same question here. I got i7, X5L, and MG-E504. I now have around $500 to get one with touch screen and good sound quality. Which one should I buy?

Sep 19, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #57 of 91
Quote:

Yes, i listen Sony X, i just dont have it - YET, i just got me Norebook 2 days ago ... and wifey is kinda tired of my DAPs collection ...

By the way, what DAPs you have when all I got is crap ?

Hey Komi what would be your impressions of the Sony X as compared to the RH1? I recall way back in the sony X1060 thread that someone sold their RH1 in favor of the SQ of the X1060 citing slight muddiness and apparent treble roll of on the RH1 when compared with the X. Am still quite intrigued as to how the SQ of the X compares to MD players. Are your impressions similar?

Sep 19, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #58 of 91
Quote:

OK, then , tell me YOUR opinion about SOUND quality diference between YOUR 3gs and YOUR MZ-RH1 ...

You cant, you dont have it, you have some guessing or - what ever ...

IF you dont like MDs - OK, thats your choice, BUT tell me where i am wrong ? With arguments ...

IF You dont like me for who knows what reasons, i am sorry, thats Your problem again ...

When did I once refer to the RH1 or 3GS sound quality? I was simply discussing the practically between the iPod/iPhone ecosystem compared to the general ecosystem of a MD player, and how some people are willing to sacrifice some sound quality for practicality.

Sep 19, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #59 of 91
Are you guys really missing one big point?

Its not the fact that its an "MD" player that may be making it better, its whatever sony are using inside that MD player to make it supposedly sound good. MD is just a form of storage like any DAP's use. If this Sony MD player is so good, and lets say sony knows this, whay cant they put the exact same electronics into a really good flashed based DAP?

Ohh, and by the way, all the sony MD's I have heard, and i had the very first one to be made, have overly exaggerated coloured sound, which is not a bad thing, but it does make it sound better, but not "true".

Sep 19, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #60 of 91
But Sony's ATRAC is quite famous for taking out bits that... don't make it sound bigger and better. There are people who swear that MD sound better than CD which is impossible. The problem is that ATRAC is completely closed and developed 100% by one company. Its results are not meant to be natural, but to make the MD sound better, meaning it has a highly tampered sound and has always had it.

MD sound good, but not because they sound like the source, or better than MP3, because they have algorithms which make things sound sweeter.

MD is not a matter of being storage. You cannot compare ATRAC with MP3, AAC, FLAC or OGG; it simply isn't meant to compare, it is meant to sound a certain way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back