Computer Speakers
Aug 18, 2003 at 5:16 AM Post #31 of 32
I have the altec lansing 621's.... They get no play with my headphone setup sitting right next to it.

For 100 bux, you can't beat them, I have had strictly AL for the my last 3 speaker systems. I can't speak for the klipsch speakers, but they seem overpriced for what they are. I highly recommend these AL, or the newer logitechs seem to get alot of raves.

Aug 18, 2003 at 9:45 PM Post #32 of 32
Gotta go with MD here.

I've took the time to listen to quite a few of the popular PC speaker set ups mostly due to the fact that I am in a dorm, ain't going to be able to fit full real speakers in without the roommate throwing a fit.

Looking into Klipschs, Logitechs, I think your main goal is for gaming, not transparent audiophile quality music. So there is no point in making an elitist post and thrashing all multimedia speaker systems claiming how uber your actual stereo speakers are way better. Toppling home stereo speakers wasn't what people had in mind when designing PC speakers.

When it comes down to it, no other speaker system designed with PCs in mind really matches up to the Klipschs. Is the bass boomy and overemphasized? Definately. But the Revo settings balances it out. And when you're listening to the not-exactly-uber-quality audio that makes up sound effects in games, it sounds good. You don't want to take enjoyment out of your PC by modifying high end stereo equipment to source from your PC and point out all the problems in the 8 bit Half Life wav files. When was the last time an explosion contained intricately detailed highs in a game, that requires a perfect soundstage to truly enjoy?

And besides..... aren't we Head-Fi'ers? We've got headphones to pick up the musical slack. Hey, I play CS on my HD600s anyway, that META really helps place the footsteps.
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back