Comply vs Spiral Dot vs SpinFit
May 8, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #108 of 141
Should be getting some of those next month when my friend from Japan visits. Interested but $25 is steep. Already love regular spiral dots. I guess we will see.
Yeah, no schiit! That's $6.25 per tip!! :fearful:

And you know it costs them like $0.001 each.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #109 of 141
Heads up. Medium size is in stock at amazon.jp for standard price. Im an ML guy so still waiting.

Jul 18, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #110 of 141
Just got the spiral dot++ and pairing them with the andromedas. I noticed the ++ has a smoother and softer bass response compared the original spiral dots. Maybe because of the slightly softer silicone used on the tips. They also feel a bit more comfortable. Mids stay the same and the ++’s tend to tame the highs a little better. They seem to sound smoother and a bit warmer across all the frequencies too. Also noticed more depth on the soundstage which is really great.

Jul 18, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #111 of 141
Can anyone also do a comparison with AET07 and AET08 tips?

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #114 of 141
I got my large spiral dots today. They fit great. Very comfy too. No change in sound.

Jul 31, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #115 of 141
Ordered some new Spiral Dot ++ (EPFX - 10 ) for my FH5's and employed my own spacer and tape hack to resolve the fit issues. I was curious to see how they compared with the 1st version. I have to say the silicone is very soft and more sticky than the originals, and they do fit extremely well. You have to take care with the join between the 2 different materials as I managed to put a small tear in one tip just by being a little heavy handed :frowning2:
They do sound a little better than the original ones in terms of slightly expanded sounstage, but very minimal in all other areas. But there is a glaring downside. You only get 2 sets of tips for more than double the price of the regular dots. So not really worth it until the price drops. But i've bought them, so will use them until they break.
20190731_113459.jpg
20190731_113618.jpg

Jul 31, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #116 of 141
Ordered some new Spiral Dot ++ (EPFX - 10 ) for my FH5's and employed my own spacer and tape hack to resolve the fit issues. I was curious to see how they compared with the 1st version. I have to say the silicone is very soft and more sticky than the originals, and they do fit extremely well. You have to take care with the join between the 2 different materials as I managed to put a small tear in one tip just by being a little heavy handed :frowning2:
They do sound a little better than the original ones in terms of slightly expanded sounstage, but very minimal in all other areas. But there is a glaring downside. You only get 2 sets of tips for more than double the price of the regular dots. So not really worth it until the price drops. But i've bought them, so will use them until they break.
I think the sticky silicone material causes high adherence to the ear canal skin causing high isolation.

What is the difference with ++ from the original? The bore size still looks pretty wide, and I was wish it was narrower to about 4.5mm

So far ++ hasn't been released in the US and they are extemely expensive imported. I wonder if there's a cheap JVC iem that comes with them?

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #117 of 141
I think the sticky silicone material causes high adherence to the ear canal skin causing high isolation.

What is the difference with ++ from the original? The bore size still looks pretty wide, and I was wish it was narrower to about 4.5mm

So far ++ hasn't been released in the US and they are extemely expensive imported. I wonder if there's a cheap JVC iem that comes with them?

As far as I'm aware the only jvc iem's that come with them are their totl items. I'm not sure on bore diameter, but they fit my DM6's and FH5's absolutely fine.
The opening at the top of the tip apparently flares out ever so slightly more than the original version, aiding a little more airiness in the soundstage.
They definitely have great isolation and hold in the ears, but, tbh, I never had a problem with the 1st version.

Oct 4, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #120 of 141
Ive never replaced a set. Have some that are used regularly and are 4+ years old. Just wash em every so often and they should be good to go. I will say that they get really loosey goosy and super plyable with age. Have not noticed a sonic difference though. Doesn't mean there isn't one, but I have never noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back