Comply vs Spiral Dot vs SpinFit
Jun 19, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #77 of 141
I moved from Spinfits to KZ Starlines. My most preferred tips for the moment and they costs next to nothing.
Thanks for the reply. I do have a set of KZ starlines, they are quite easy to insert into the ear but the are hard and uncomfortable. I guess somehow maybe only spinfit works for me as conventional eartips seal would not last when I wear my motorcycle helmet (move a lot, like turn your head, vibration).

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #78 of 141
Thanks for the reply. I do have a set of KZ starlines, they are quite easy to insert into the ear but the are hard and uncomfortable. I guess somehow maybe only spinfit works for me as conventional eartips seal would not last when I wear my motorcycle helmet (move a lot, like turn your head, vibration).
I think there is a big difference in how people experience comfort where eartips are concerned. The Starlines are pretty comfortable for me but a friend of mine cannot stand any type of eartips, they all hurt him.
I can see how Spinfits benefit you wearing a helmet though because of the great fit they have.

Jun 30, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #79 of 141
Just FYI for people looking for alternatives to Comply tips, Rebound tips work very well. They have a variety of diameters, including up to 5.5 mm (equivalent of comply 600). I feel that they do not attenuate the highs as much as Comply (the foam portion in front of the tip tube is shorter than Comply).

Rebounds? Link?

I'm curious about the spinfits, but every silicon based tip I've ever used just slips out eventually.

Jul 1, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #80 of 141
Rebounds? Link?

I'm curious about the spinfits, but every silicon based tip I've ever used just slips out eventually.

Rebound are just memory foam tips (https://www.amazon.com/Rebound-Memory-Foam-Earphone-Tips/dp/B01H6IEQ1W)

Yes, you are right about silicone ear tip slipping out eventually due to it ear tip shape, and how it hold on the the ear (fiction), ear wax, and ear canal shape and size.

How Spinfit works in actuality for me. When i on my bike, i need to turn my head to check blindspot which is a normal process. the helmet will push against the earphone slightly everytime i do it. For normal ear tips, it will move the whole ear tip , both umbrella and stem, by 0.5mm (just giving a figure) each time and after doing it 10 times it will move it by 5mm eventually dislodge and seal is broken. For spinfit, it will accommodate the 0.5mm push as only the stem move but not the umbrella. it will return to the original position once my head is back in neutral position so seal maintain. Spinfit is very useful for scenario where the earphone is pushes slightly and oftenly, be it your ear or my helmet or by something else.

For normal purpose. For people will bendy ear canal, the only difference between spinfit and normal ear tip is the "chance" (not 100%) to insert deeper as it "might" accommodate the contour of the bend. If you can insert deeper the chance that seal is broken is harder as more fiction on the skin. All is useless if you just hate/dislike deep insertion it defeat spinfit purpose even if you have bendy ear canal. Also if you ear canal is pretty straight, spinfit will not make a difference from normal ear tip both can be inserted equally.

Jul 3, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #81 of 141
I have now discovered Spiral Dots work on various IEMs regardless of the nozzle length. I now have them fitted on my KZ ZS10, Artiste DC1 and Urban Fun Beryllium hybrid. And they all sound better than ever. I do, however, use Spinfits on my Zodic Audio ET2201 (DM5 clone). I find the Spiral Dots too bigbon those. I have just ordered another pack of the Spiral Dots.

Jul 9, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #85 of 141
I might have some extras in Small if you would be interested.

I just got a pair of Andromeda and was thinking of of trying the spiral dots. I've found it hard to find information on sizing. Do you happen know how big the S and MS are? I ordered some spinfits that are 11mm and 12.3mm for the S and M sizes, respectively.

I've been switching between the Campfire provided S and M silicone tips but haven't decided which fits better for longer listening.

Jul 11, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #90 of 141

Users who are viewing this thread

Back