Comply vs Spiral Dot vs SpinFit
Dec 6, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #93 of 141
I just got a pair of Andromeda and was thinking of of trying the spiral dots. I've found it hard to find information on sizing. Do you happen know how big the S and MS are? I ordered some spinfits that are 11mm and 12.3mm for the S and M sizes, respectively.

I've been switching between the Campfire provided S and M silicone tips but haven't decided which fits better for longer listening.

I'd like to know if you ever got Spiral Dots for your Andromeda and what you think of them. Putting Spiral Dots on my Lyra II was a revelation. I'd been using Spin Fits but wasn't satisfied with the sound. During a weekend when I got to borrow a friend's Vega I switch tips on my Lyra II and suddenly didn't want to replace them anymore. I've come to decide that Campfire Audio IEMs require the widest bore tips you can find. Any tip with a bore smaller in diameter than the sound tube muffles the treble and restricts bass output. My Lyra II are not the equal of my friend's Vega, but they are much closer together with Spiral Dots.

Dec 6, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #94 of 141
JVC Spiral Dot sizes

L:14mm (.550)

ML:13mm (.511)

M:12mm (.472)

MS:11mm (.433)

S:10mm (.394)

bfreehd (and the others who posted diameters), thank you so much for posting this information. I looked everywhere. Except on the box of my Spiral Dots, of course. The print was too small and there was so much Japanese I gave up looking for something I'd understand.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #95 of 141
Pet peeve:
Silicon is a rock-hard substance used by nature to make sand and quartz, and by humans to make computer chips.
Silicone is a squishy, rubbery substance used to make ear phone tips and other fun things.

I am now off my soap box.

Dec 7, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #96 of 141
I'd like to know if you ever got Spiral Dots for your Andromeda and what you think of them. Putting Spiral Dots on my Lyra II was a revelation. I'd been using Spin Fits but wasn't satisfied with the sound. During a weekend when I got to borrow a friend's Vega I switch tips on my Lyra II and suddenly didn't want to replace them anymore. I've come to decide that Campfire Audio IEMs require the widest bore tips you can find. Any tip with a bore smaller in diameter than the sound tube muffles the treble and restricts bass output. My Lyra II are not the equal of my friend's Vega, but they are much closer together with Spiral Dots.

I didn't ever end up with spiral dots. I just got the Solaris and Vegas and sold my andros. As I've tip rolled with the two new IEMs, I've learned that my preferred tips change with each IEM.

Right now I like the Final silicone tips on the Solaris and Symbio W on the vega.

I do like the Symbio on the Solaris, too.

Dec 7, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #97 of 141
I didn't ever end up with spiral dots. I just got the Solaris and Vegas and sold my andros. As I've tip rolled with the two new IEMs, I've learned that my preferred tips change with each IEM.

Right now I like the Final silicone tips on the Solaris and Symbio W on the vega.

I do like the Symbio on the Solaris, too.

Hadn't heard of Final Audio before now. I pursued Symbio tips, but I don't think I ever got any. My current inventory has Spiral Dots, Spin Fit (dual flange), RHA, Comply (and some Westone tips for IEMs I don't use often anymore).

Jan 5, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #100 of 141
Add Final Audio tips and RHA tips into the mix as then you will have a REAL test. FA and RHA tips are the best for me over the three mentioned in the OP.

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #101 of 141
topimage_ep-fx10.jpg

ep-fx10_prod_l.jpg

jvc2.jpg

https://www3.jvckenwood.com/accessory/headphone/earpiece/ep-fx10/
https://www.phileweb.com/news/d-av/201903/06/46749.html

New Spiral Dot eartips coming soon!

They're called Spiral Dot++ (EP-FX10)

It looks like they have a slightly smaller bore that opens into a larger flare compared to the regular Spiral Dots.

I'll definitely be picking up a set of these once they're available! :L3000:

Attachments

• 46749_150.jpg
    46749_150.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #102 of 141
Apr 15, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #103 of 141
Did you get them how do you like them ?
Right now, they're only available on eBay from one retailer for like $50 bucks a box. :angry:
Gonna wait for more retailers to start selling them. Once that happens, the prices will come back down to earth! :chart_with_downwards_trend: :nerd:

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #104 of 141
Right now, they're only available on eBay from one retailer for like $50 bucks a box. :angry:
Gonna wait for more retailers to start selling them. Once that happens, the prices will come back down to earth! :chart_with_downwards_trend: :nerd:
In german ebay they are 30 bucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back