Comply T-400 - is it worth it?
Oct 17, 2011 at 5:28 PM Post #17 of 20
I'm interested in the Comply TS-400 tips, but I'm concerned about the durability.  I don't want to be buying new sets every month.  Even with light use, how long will a pair last?

Oct 19, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #18 of 20

Quote:
I'm interested in the Comply TS-400 tips, but I'm concerned about the durability.  I don't want to be buying new sets every month.  Even with light use, how long will a pair last?

Make your own. Go to the sporting goods area of Walmart and purchase a pack of earplugs for like $2 (~14 pairs, or $20 for 200 pairs). Cut off to desire length. Get a small nail/needle (use pliers to hold it) and heat it with a hand propane torch or stove then stick the hot needle into the center of the earplugs. And voila! you got yourself some pretty nice foam tips. Works with pretty much any iem, all you need to do is vary the size of the nail/needle. To my ears they they sound exactly like like the Complys and feels more comfortable because they don't have the inner part. But that is just my opinion.

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #19 of 20

Quote:

[size=large][size=small][size=large][size=small]Memory foam can only hold it's shape for x amount of times (expand and hold) so in theory, this is the best way to get the most use out of you're eartips is to use them for long periods and take them off as few times as possible and your tips should last longer. Remember they add extra isolation so they're good for when you're studying as well. [/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=large][size=small][size=large][size=small]***Please note that me saying memory foam can only reshape itself x amount of times mean there is a set amount for this, many factors can affect that (heat, humidity, etc) BUT it still doesn't change the fact that the less the foam has to reshape, the longer it's lifespan. ***[/size][/size][/size][/size]

That's my thought on the matter

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #20 of 20
  They're absolutely worth it! 

Absolutely not worth it for me! I bought a set (3 pairs) of Comply T400 for my Hifiman RE-400, and am very disappointed. The bass is much less present, and the sound isolation is nothing really better, compared to the best of the silicon tips provided by Hifiman with my RE-400. Quite some money wasted (given the high price of these comply tips)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back