Comply T-100 versus TX-100 (with filters)
Sep 3, 2010 at 6:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Spyro

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anybody NOT like the TX-100's with the filters?  Thinking of trying them.

Another poster in another thread mentioned that the wax guard actually forces the tip to stay open wider versus the regular tip which provided MORE treble.  Is this possible?  If it is it would make me think the TX-version is much harder and possible more uncomfortable?  So I am wondering if anyone can detect any sound differences?  I would presume even the regular T-100 tip end sort of "opens up" after insertion and when the tip end relaxes so this discovery sounded odd to me.

Sep 3, 2010 at 9:36 AM Post #2 of 4
While I haven't listened to them extensively, or did a side by side comparison, I'm seeing no difference with the filtered Comply's.  I grew tired of changing filters in my Ety4s so went with these new ones. 

I don't think they open up the tip at all. It may be an optical illusion because the filter is white, so it appears to be wider than the dark foam.

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 4
Hardness wise, I find both to be equal. The sponge / wax guide actually absolve a little treble and gives more bass than the regular version. I like the TX on my RE0, and T400 (or T500) on TF10 and PS210.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back