Comply foam tips?
Jan 13, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #17 of 29
I used to use strictly only silicone tips. I have loads, from real Hybrids to fake wide bore ones, lots of stock tips, Monster oval fakes, double flanges, triple flanges... And they all need to create suction in your ears to get the best seal. It was very common to have tips that sealed perfectly on one ear and were a bit loose on the other. Eventually I got tired and tried using my B2s with the included Complys. 2 main differences:

1) Oh the isolation. It's just so much more than I could hope. I can hear my music without cranking the volume while a train is coming. My regular outside listening volume went down about 8~10dB

2) It lowers the highs a bit and creates better impact and just a tad more lower-end extension. Which of course works great on a treble-happy pair like the B2. To get a clear idea of if you'll like this on your IEMs try equalizing the treble to -6dB.

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #18 of 29
Yeah, it's difficult for me to get a seal with Etymotic tri-flanges. It always seals perfectly in one ear but not the other... 
frown.gif

Jan 13, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #19 of 29
2) It lowers the highs a bit and creates better impact and just a tad more lower-end extension. Which of course works great on a treble-happy pair like the B2. To get a clear idea of if you'll like this on your IEMs try equalizing the treble to -6dB.

Oh. Wow. i really like that on these E10's. i've always thought the treble was just too much for me. I really think im going to give the complys a try.

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #21 of 29
Always struggle with comfort when I use bi or tri flanges, they seem to itch and aggravate my ears. I suffered them for the seal on my old IE6's but loved the upgrade when I finally made the switch to comply's!

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:
I have a pair of sound magic e10's and quite frankly the isolation sucks. I was thinking about buying some comply foam tips for them. however, i dont wanna spend the  $15 or so if they aren't worth it. So i guess my question is will the tips actually improve the isolation and also are they worth the money?

The Soundmagic E10 earphones are compatible with our 400 series of tips (S-400, T-400, Tx-400, Ts-400 Tsx-400).  The Active S-400 tips are currently available in Target for $9.95.  While the foam is more porous and does not isolate sound as well as our other series of tips, it's more rugged and longer lasting. 

If you're interested in trying our other series of tips, please let me know and I can provide you with a coupon code to use on our web store.

Best Regards!

Mary

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

The Soundmagic E10 earphones are compatible with our 400 series of tips (S-400, T-400, Tx-400, Ts-400 Tsx-400).  The Active S-400 tips are currently available in Target for $9.95.  While the foam is more porous and does not isolate sound as well as our other series of tips, it's more rugged and longer lasting. 

If you're interested in trying our other series of tips, please let me know and I can provide you with a coupon code to use on our web store.

Best Regards!

Mary

I would certainly be interested in trying them! i am looking for more isolation, so i would love to try the t-400.

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Best Regards!

Mary

Hi Mary,

Can you tell me which Comply tips are compatible with the Rock It Sounds R-50?  I ordered the P series, but unfortunately they don't fit - the holes are too small for R-50.  Any help you can provide is appreciated!  

Pete

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #25 of 29
I had the same issues with the E10's despite all the various silicone tips which come as standard.  Bought the complys and it's made my listening experience much better.  Still on the first pair after 6 months or so of use, they started to go hard but adding a little moisture has brought them back to life.

Jan 18, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #26 of 29
I can recommend the TS (sphere) series, as that is the one with the least effect to the sound signature, the standard T, Tx, and P series are all tend to take the edge off the treble, which is good for IEM that have aggressive and forward treble, but not so for the warm ones

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #27 of 29
I just got a set today (T-400s) for my Monster Turbine Pro Coppers. When I first got these IEMS I tried every set of tips that came with them and ultimately settled on the triple flange tips as they had the best clarity and comfort. However you really have to push them far into your ear canal to get a good seal. One of the things about the triple flange tips that I never considered was that they taper on the end that goes into your ear canal. The Complys do not and have a wide opening.

First impressions are that the sound is less muffled (which I never noticed before since I have been using this IEM/tip combination for so long) most notably in the lower frequencies. The flange tips do sound great when you get a good seal but with the Complys the entire low frequency spectrum sounds much more opened up. I haven't noticed a big difference in the mid and upper frequencies.

Isolation: the isolation with the Complys is excellent when you get a good seal. Also the Complys are much easier to get a good seal on.

Regarding durability there is a thread here that says you can wash the tips in soap and warm water to extend their lifetime (even endorsed by a rep from Comply).
I have been listening to music with the Complys all day and it's pretty safe to say that I won't be going back to the triple flange tips anytime soon.
Hope this helps.

Aug 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #28 of 29
Got my professional tips for etymotic a week ago. Came black instead of platinum. Of course, there is no wish to refund because I need some tips right now and within the Russian post refund could take a couple of months. Wrote a complain to support but received neither simple apologies nor some compensation like some nice discount coupon for next order. One tip is already teared by the way. No wish to order there anymore. Still, the best bass for Ety to be honest
Update: Seems like problem was successfully solved. Comply support has set everything all right and even more :cool:

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #29 of 29
I had the same problem when my original Shure 215 tips were destroyed. My answer is a resounding YES! The Comply tips are phenomenal and provide excellent noise isolation. They are also the most comfortable earbuds I own. As a matter of fact, I replaced all of my tips with Comply just because they provided the comfort and bass boost like no other. My only wish is that I could get a wave feature similar to a triple flange in the same foam. I highly recommend them, I use them on my Shure 215's, Monster Gratitude's, Monster Diesel Vektor's and Jaybird 3's. I will automatically replace any others i get that do not come with Comply from the start. I am looking at the Shure SE 846 for my next and hopefully last purchase. I hope this helps, I am a bit partial as I had no idea how much sound difference there would be bass wise. Enjoy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back