Comply foam tips?
Jan 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

bcd127

Head-Fier
I have a pair of sound magic e10's and quite frankly the isolation sucks. I was thinking about buying some comply foam tips for them. however, i dont wanna spend the  $15 or so if they aren't worth it. So i guess my question is will the tips actually improve the isolation and also are they worth the money?

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #2 of 29
they are very isolating indeed, but dont last long and definately not worth the price in my opinion. check if it uses same nozzle size as shure/klipsch, if it does you can get shure olives which are also foam but last a lot longer

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #3 of 29
i use these on my IE8s and X10s and basically any other IEM i ever had.cant imagine using any iem without them. they really do a great job at sealing the ear and cutting out external noise. 15 dollars should buy you 3 pairs of them and you can experiment yourself. 

hope this helps.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #4 of 29
Quote:
they are very isolating indeed, but dont last long and definately not worth the price in my opinion. check if it uses same nozzle size as shure/klipsch, if it does you can get shure olives which are also foam but last a lot longer

Yea, that was my fear. i need something thats gonna last a little while. Also, im not sure about the sure olives. I have tried some more dense foam tips, and they were not pleasant.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 29
If you can get something like this to work, tell me how it is!
I'm not sure how well that would work, but it can't hurt. It's decently cheap.

Be very careful when figuring out how to affix the foam to the nozzle... that method looks somewhat dangerous.

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #6 of 29
Quote:
If you can get something like this to work, tell me how it is!
I'm not sure how well that would work, but it can't hurt. It's decently cheap.

Be very careful when figuring out how to affix the foam to the nozzle... that method looks somewhat dangerous.

hm. I just might have to give that a try. Seem's kinda difficult. haha

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #7 of 29
Quote:
Yea, that was my fear. i need something thats gonna last a little while. Also, im not sure about the sure olives. I have tried some more dense foam tips, and they were not pleasant.

Im using them and they are very pleasent in my opinion ^-^ just pull my ear back with one hand, insert with the other and its ready for listening no need to wait for foam to expand and I can wipe off any earwax because of its smooth surface, I dont notice them in my ears! There are people who use pliers to expand the hole of the tips so it accepts iems with larger nozzle sizes! Just my opinion because I have used both and the durability and price are tradeoffs of the comply's

Jan 12, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #8 of 29
Quote:
Im using them and they are very pleasent in my opinion ^-^ just pull my ear back with one hand, insert with the other and its ready for listening no need to wait for foam to expand and I can wipe off any earwax because of its smooth surface, I dont notice them in my ears! There are people who use pliers to expand the hole of the tips so it accepts iems with larger nozzle sizes! Just my opinion because I have used both and the durability and price are tradeoffs of the comply's

Ohh. i may have to try them. Do you think they will fit soundmagic e10's?

Jan 12, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #10 of 29
I bought some comply tips for the ie80 when I couldn't get a good seal with anything else. They were decent for sound and good for isolation, but they literally would last about 3 weeks with light use. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back