Comply Foam Tips for Turbine Pro Coppers
Jul 30, 2010 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

bluntman

100+ Head-Fier
I just purchased these today, and was feeling doubt because the super tips were no way in hell going to work out for me, and let me just inform you that these Foam tips not only increase the sound stage of the Coppers, but they bring out all the detail, bass and entirety the Coppers are equipped with.

I have finally apprehended the reason why these Coppers were all glorified and destined to be given a superb score in reviews by all and professionals.

I went from,
ehhhh,
to,
WOW, I can't believe my ****ing ears!

Not only do these foam tips keep the noise isolation to 100%, but they keep these heavy babies locked inside of your ears...there is no way in hell they can bother you or feel like they're about to fall out as they have to me with the stock tips.

My ears are bleeding for more music with these babies.

THANK YOU COMPLY FOAM TIPS!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/642769-REG/Hearing_Components_17_40200_00_Comply_T_400_Foam_Tips.html
http://www.amazon.com/Comply-T-400-Foam-Tips-Pair/dp/B001DXGBII/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1280508416&sr=8-1

Jul 30, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #2 of 23
Congrats! But please edit out the swearing. I have tried the Comply, but I like the Hybrids better. That fit very easily.

Jul 30, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #5 of 23

Quote:
Yes, they do. And the white foam hybrid supertips are much better.

Mine haven't arrived yet, so if I may ask, are those hybrid supertips you speak of in the monster package as well? Or another brand? I want to try out as many foamies as I can to try and find the right ones for proper fit.

Jul 30, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 23

Quote:
Mine haven't arrived yet, so if I may ask, are those hybrid supertips you speak of in the monster package as well? Or another brand? I want to try out as many foamies as I can to try and find the right ones for proper fit.

They should be in the box, yes--5 sizes of them.

Jul 30, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #7 of 23
^^Thanks
smile_phones.gif

Jul 30, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #9 of 23

Quote:

If not you can always PM the monster rep here on Head-Fi, SoundMatters12, and he will set you up with anything you are missing.

bluntman: glad you found something you like. Just wondering did you get the full set? I was using the Comply's at first because I had a partial tip set when they first arrived and didn't have much of a choice without buying third party. After I got the foam hybrids that fit I was sold on those. The isolation you get with the Comply's without all the muddiness, bloat, mid-hogging and treble severing. But like they say, everyone has their preferences. 

Comply's get beaten up too quick after little use too. You need to keep quite a few on hand to retain cleanliness. 

Jul 31, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #11 of 23
The SuperTips are more rigid than the Comply tips.  They have more of a problem fitting my oval and crooked ear canals.  I get the best fit with them, though still not perfect, when I have one size smaller in my left ear.  The Comply's give me a good fit every time.

The MTPCs I got three weeks ago did not include a pair of Comply tips, while the MTPGs from 4 months ago did.  The newer MTPCs had the SuperTips color coded by size which the earlier MTPGs did not.

Jul 31, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #12 of 23
The open box MTPG I got from onecall came with the Complys. I sent them back in order to get a new set of MTPG with Controltalk and they didn't come with the Complys. Which is fine because I ordered some more Complys in red for my original MTPG.

When I first got my original set I tried all the Supertips but couldn't get a good fit with any of them. Then I tried the Complys and it was over from there. But with my new Controltalk I set I discovered the instructions on inserting the buds properly. Since doing that I was able to get a good fit with the silicone tips that come installed out of the box. And I must say that they sound MUCH better than the Complys and provide almost as good isolation when inserted properly and don't muffle the mids and highs like the Complys do. The bass, while not as big as the Complys, is much cleaner IMO. I'm a firm believer in the silicone Supertips now! Try inserting them like you're supposed to! It makes a world of difference.

Aug 10, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #14 of 23
After using the Silicone Supertips for a few days I switched back to the Complys... I just can't get over how great they fit and isolate outside noise. I've come to live with the slighty muffled sound. I might change my mind again though.
Anybody have any thoughts on the Shure Olives and Sony Hybrids when paired with Turbine Pros?

Aug 10, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #15 of 23

Quote:
The open box MTPG I got from onecall came with the Complys. I sent them back in order to get a new set of MTPG with Controltalk and they didn't come with the Complys. Which is fine because I ordered some more Complys in red for my original MTPG.

When I first got my original set I tried all the Supertips but couldn't get a good fit with any of them. Then I tried the Complys and it was over from there. But with my new Controltalk I set I discovered the instructions on inserting the buds properly. Since doing that I was able to get a good fit with the silicone tips that come installed out of the box. And I must say that they sound MUCH better than the Complys and provide almost as good isolation when inserted properly and don't muffle the mids and highs like the Complys do. The bass, while not as big as the Complys, is much cleaner IMO. I'm a firm believer in the silicone Supertips now! Try inserting them like you're supposed to! It makes a world of difference.

wait, so are you talking about the plain silicone ones, or the supetips?  The silicone tips that came "installed" on my coppers were not supertips.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back