Complete Noob looking for a nice pair of over-ear headphones
Sep 15, 2012 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bobsmith28

New Head-Fier
I can't find anything through my searches that has helped me enough, only guided me. So, I am not an audiophile at all; I know absolutely nothing. In fact, I believe I tried on a pair of Beats Solo HD's a few months ago and thought they were amazing.

Anyway, I've realized they are awful for the money, but have no idea what pair I should pick up.

What I need:
  1. Under $150, preferably under $100....I'm sure a lot will sound good to me since I've been using stock headphones my whole life
  2. Over ears on ears
  3. Isolate sound VERY well
  4. Do not leak much at all
  5. Enhanced bass, has a tight punch that sounds crisp without drowning out everything else (if that makes sense)
  6. Very comfortable to the ears and head/are not prone to making ears sweat very easily

Essentially, I am looking for the best sounding headphones I can get with that criteria. Since I know nothing about what sounds good or bad, I am leaving that up to you guys. Also, I enjoy literally any type of music and need these to work well without an amp as I will be using them strictly with my phone and computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back