complete noise isolation
Jan 27, 2011 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bucknekked

New Head-Fier
I'm a student and I spend about 80% of my time in a lab at school where I have my own personal computer and where it tends to get extremely loud. I know I can just go out and buy any earphone for under 100$ and just crank up the volume until my brain is deteriorated by the bass vibrations and I start to drool all over myself, but I consider myself to have a pretty good ear and would like to keep it that way. also I consider myself to be somewhat of an audio file and like to listen to good quality music that dosn't just consist of a pounding bass.

So now my question is, are there earphone out there that can completely block out outside noise, like people not understanding that a 3 to 4 feet of air in between two people does not block sound and yell at the top of their lungs? or if not what is the best noise cancellation (active or passive) earphone out there somebody can get, I know they can get pretty expensive but right now that's not the main issue. I just want to be able to concentrate on what I'm doing and not hear people scream their lungs out because their incapable of walking across the room to talk to somebody while avoiding damage to my ears. Are there earphones out on the market that do this or would I have to buy custom in-ear monitors?

Jan 28, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #4 of 4
if all you want is sound isolation get the er6i. it's the same isolation as the er4 (right?) but a good amount of cheaper. i was really concerned about noise isolation too and they've worked perfectly for me. they won't block out all noise but it will be to the point where anything besides the loudest noise won't be that bothersome.

also this is a question to others, if i want even more noise isolation can i put an ear muff over my ears to reduce even more noise? like something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Peltor-H10A-Optime-Over--Earmuff/dp/B00009LI4K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296192959&sr=8-1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back