Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Jun 28, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #4,114 of 4,373
Does anyone feel that the Msr7 beats the Pm3 in terms of sound quality and portabilty? Yes the Pm3 may have better bass quality but to my ears and long listening between the two I feel that the Msr7 may be on top, the mids and treble to me are much better than the Pm3 and this is coming from the Pm3 amped with the Ha2 and paired with my HTC 10. Opinion is opinion though, but I feel the Msr7 are seriously big bang for buck, especially at $280 Aud compared to the Oppo at $600 Aud. Yes you loose the leather and amazing construction, but the sound of the Msr7 is mind blowing for the price. People say its a bright analytical headphone but when paired correctly it cam be analytical with a fun twist. Bass can hit seriously hard maybe even harder than the Pm3 for example, The Prodigy Breathe & 16 Bit Lolitas No Body Seems To Care, I couldnt believe I spent $280 and got such an amazing sound headphone. Not saying Pm3 is a bad headphone because I would take the Pm3 over the Msr7 for a smooth listen especially with a good drink :wink: but considering the price to porfamance ratio, the Msr7 are truly high up with the big guns :).

Jun 28, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #4,115 of 4,373
Does anyone feel that the Msr7 beats the Pm3 in terms of sound quality and portabilty? Yes the Pm3 may have better bass quality but to my ears and long listening between the two I feel that the Msr7 may be on top, the mids and treble to me are much better than the Pm3 and this is coming from the Pm3 amped with the Ha2 and paired with my HTC 10. Opinion is opinion though, but I feel the Msr7 are seriously big bang for buck, especially at $280 Aud compared to the Oppo at $600 Aud. Yes you loose the leather and amazing construction, but the sound of the Msr7 is mind blowing for the price. People say its a bright analytical headphone but when paired correctly it cam be analytical with a fun twist. Bass can hit seriously hard maybe even harder than the Pm3 for example, The Prodigy Breathe & 16 Bit Lolitas No Body Seems To Care, I couldnt believe I spent $280 and got such an amazing sound headphone. Not saying Pm3 is a bad headphone because I would take the Pm3 over the Msr7 for a smooth listen especially with a good drink :wink: but considering the price to porfamance ratio, the Msr7 are truly high up with the big guns :).

everybody beats pm3.
One of the greatest strength of pm3 is makes other half-decent headphones' sound more alive and funnier. So I have kept my pm3.

Jun 28, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #4,119 of 4,373
. Now that is a comparison i'd like to see
wink.gif

Having owned all of the above the SINE is clearly, to my ears, the best of all of those worlds. 

Jun 28, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #4,121 of 4,373
Hi subguy812, I notice from your profile that you had and sold a Shure SE846. Which do you refer between that and the Sine? I pretty much know your answer but thought I'd get your opinion anyway
wink.gif

I am probably the wrong dude to ask about the Shure SE846. Those hold the distinction of being the quickest iem or hp that I sold. I did not like much about them. I think the Solar I have now is much better, however you can get the SE846 reasonably priced today. I do not want to appear to be a Sine "fanboy", because I am not a brand loyal person, I call things as I hear them. At present, the Sine is the best portable. This takes many things into account, not just sound quality. If I had two wishes for the Sine it would be to improve comfort a bit and it would be great if they could maintain the same sound signature as a wireless. I loved the M2 enough to get them wireless, so I use them to cut the cords. 

So to your original question; I prefer the Sine.

Jun 28, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #4,123 of 4,373
Quote :MacedonianHero
Headphones
Portability
Construction Quality
Styling
Noise Isolation
NC Ability
Comfort
Bass
Mids
Treble
Imaging
Value
B&O H6
n/a
Momentum Over-Ears 23.54.554.5n/a54.54.544.55

Recently got both for ridiculous low prices.
I agree on most parts, with the exception of the mids, I think both headphones have excellent mids, I don't favor any over the other. And about comfort: the Momentum 2.0s have deeper earpads and fit my ears more comfortably.
But, yes imaging is better on the Beolab H6s and bass is overall a nod better on the Momentum 2.0's, a bit fuller and punchier, although the H6s go a bit deeper.
I love both headphones and I think they are very similar in tonality, which means they are mostly neutral and well balanced, the Beolabs more so than the Momentums. But the Momentums are overall more 'musical', they sound more effortless and dynamic, the Beoplays are more or less 'observant', but they have a gorgeous delicacy and transparancy that is unique in its own way.

I favor both over the NAD HP50, which surprisingly ranks higher on MacedonianHero's list. Both Momentum and BeoLab add more depth to the sound,  the Momentums are more dynamic, whereas the BeoPlays sound more balanced.

Jun 28, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #4,124 of 4,373
  Having owned all of the above the SINE is clearly, to my ears, the best of all of those worlds. 

and yet also good bass and sub bass for those wannabe basshead moments
...you know pulling out a punchy bass guitar or kick drum..or letting a floor bass in a song shine.
(and yet not overpowering the rest of the music with too much bass)
...could it take on the thx00 in both its bass quality and quantity satisfy to enough?

Jun 28, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #4,125 of 4,373

I didn't know much about the SINE before reading your comment. Just read this review. Thought it was interesting, including the conclusion:
My overall conclusion with these portable planar magnetic headphones is mixed. They are the result of great feats of design, engineering, and technological miniaturization, however I haven’t fallen in love with either one. The Oppos are very nearly my ideal headphones in the way they are constructed, but their sound is upsettingly tame and spiritless. The Audezes offer dynamism and excitement, but lack the fit and comfort to make them a go-to pair. I feel like these flaws are too significant to give either set of planars a clear recommendation. The technology is awesome, but its execution in a portable form factor still needs refinement. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back