Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Feb 9, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #3,815 of 4,373

http://www.amazon.com/iFi-DSD512-PCM768-Double-Headphone/dp/B00M50FLWK

That guy?

Source is iPhone w Lightning connector, don't think that would work.

How would you characterize the sound difference between that and the HA-2?

Thats it, and with a simple CCK yes it would work with the Apple.Both AMP/DACs rock and will be keeping both. I have Tidal Hifi on my iPod for either one.

The sound difference is very noticeable, the best way to describe in not so many words is clear, crisp and accurate. It has a bass boost and 3D sound for wider soundstage. Also it can power anything out there yet gentle enough for sensitive IEMs. I'm writing a review on it now which wont be done for a bit yet.

Feb 10, 2016 at 3:13 PM Post #3,817 of 4,373
  Pulled the trigger on the t51p yesterday and think they are good value for money considering pm 3 is ranked 1 and costs way more than these t51p.

Definitely better sound quality/clearness than sony mdr 1a make them sound muddy.

Yup. The T51ps also isolate much much better than the Sony's making them better for commuting purposes. They also leak very little sound which is something that even expensive closed backs fail to do

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #3,818 of 4,373
  Thats it, and with a simple CCK yes it would work with the Apple.Both AMP/DACs rock and will be keeping both. I have Tidal Hifi on my iPod for either one.

The sound difference is very noticeable, the best way to describe in not so many words is clear, crisp and accurate. It has a bass boost and 3D sound for wider soundstage. Also it can power anything out there yet gentle enough for sensitive IEMs. I'm writing a review on it now which wont be done for a bit yet.

OK I keep seeing this amp everywhere now that you mentioned it dangit. :wink:

What do you mean by CCK? I need to connect the amp/dac to my iPhone via lightning interface. How to!?

Thank you... I think! :)

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #3,819 of 4,373

OK I keep seeing this amp everywhere now that you mentioned it dangit. :wink:

What do you mean by CCK? I need to connect the amp/dac to my iPhone via lightning interface. How to!?

Thank you... I think! :)

Heh.  The CCK is just a cable with a chip in it.  Apple calls it the "Camera Connection Kit."  Or they used to.  I think somebody said they've changed the name.

Feb 10, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #3,820 of 4,373

uhhh... didn't realize that was a regular old USB connector. I can do the exact same thing I am doing now with my USB to Lightning cable.

OK... so the serious questions.

The bass feature? Overblown? Boomy? Fake? Lame?

The "3D" feature? Need I even ask? I've never heard one of these that does anything other than destroy a mix.

Thanks!

Feb 12, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #3,821 of 4,373
I am a classical music lover, recently I got M50x because of its portability and popularity, but to my disappointment the bass was too overwhelming, while the mids sounded a bit recessed. I like the neutral sound on my DT 660 (plus the mids have more detail and larger soundstage than the M50x) but it's not portable. Does Momentum Over-Ears 2 have the sound similar to DT 660? If not what closed cans would you recommend. I'd like try to the PM3 but it's out of my budget. =(

Feb 12, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #3,822 of 4,373
  I am a classical music lover, recently I got M50x but to my disappointment the bass was too overwhelming, while the mids sounded a bit recessed. I like the neutral sound on my DT 660 (plus the mids have more detail and larger soundstage than the M50x) but it's not portable. Does Momentum Over-Ears 2 have the sound similar to DT 660? If not what closed cans would you recommend. I'd like try to the PM3 but it's out of my budget. =(

I don't know the DT660, but the M2 has a decidedly warm sound.  It's the treble that's recessed (rolled off).

Feb 12, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #3,823 of 4,373
Warm is fine, but they should be nothing like the M50x, after listening to an orchestra piece that had a part of cello/double bass plucking the strings, my head just felt dizzy. On the bright side I did notice less of coughing sound from the audience. lol!

Feb 12, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #3,824 of 4,373
  Warm is fine, but they should be nothing like the M50x, after listening to an orchestra piece that had a part of cello/double bass plucking the strings, my head just felt dizzy. On the bright side I did notice less of coughing sound from the audience. lol!

As long as you aren't big into hearing the bow attack the strings and all those other high-frequency transients in orchestral music, it sounds like the M2 should suit you fine.

I've never heard the M50x, though, so I can't compare.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back