Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Sep 26, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #3,676 of 4,373
I had to try to enjoy the Denon and never had to try to enjoy the M2. It is great how we can have differing opinions on the same hp's. I always kinda felt I missed out on something by not hearing the P7. But to me the M2 was clearly better than the MM400 and out of three pairs of the M2 I never detected a hint of sibilance. I also think the build quality is top notch.

Indeed that's why it's awesome that we have so many great choices.  As I said, you can't go wrong with any of them.  If you didn't have them side by side, it's hard to pick up the differences.  at first listen, I was the other way around.  I was keeping the M2 and the MM400 was going back.  Then I burned in the MM400 overnight and started using them daily.  The M2 also started to pinch my ear against the arm of my glasses.  For whatever reason, that never happens with my P7 or my MM400's.

I hope you get a chance to try the P7.  They are also outstanding.  Enjoy!

Sep 26, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #3,677 of 4,373

Indeed that's why it's awesome that we have so many great choices.  As I said, you can't go wrong with any of them.  If you didn't have them side by side, it's hard to pick up the differences.  at first listen, I was the other way around.  I was keeping the M2 and the MM400 was going back.  Then I burned in the MM400 overnight and started using them daily.  The M2 also started to pinch my ear against the arm of my glasses.  For whatever reason, that never happens with my P7 or my MM400's.

I hope you get a chance to try the P7.  They are also outstanding.  Enjoy!

also  glad we have all have different tastes and preferences as well

I'm not sure whether or not the pair of p7 I demoed at future shop was old or just beat up (it didn't look it) but the earpads I felt was somewhat stiff (I don't believe they use memory foam for them) which is quite disappointing especially since the p5s (the on ear headphones) use a really cushy memory foam, that was superbly comfortable for a pair of on ear headphones (while still remaining fairly stable at that!)

Sep 27, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #3,678 of 4,373
I have heard the P7 were lacking in comfort. I probably never will try them only because if you see my profile I have really hammered the up to 500.00 market and there would really need to be a consensus winner, and that will never happen. I am really only trying new things as they come along.

Sep 27, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #3,679 of 4,373
  I have heard the P7 were lacking in comfort. I probably never will try them only because if you see my profile I have really hammered the up to 500.00 market and there would really need to be a consensus winner, and that will never happen. I am really only trying new things as they come along.

They weren't the most comfortable here. A bit clampy and still a bit too small to reach down on both of my ears even when fully extended. But build wise, they are beautiful and sound quite good.

Sep 28, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #3,680 of 4,373
@Lorspeaker  found and posted the below video review for the Plantronics Backbeat Pro. Seems promising! Anybody here heard it?

Sep 29, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #3,681 of 4,373
Hello Everyone!
Mainly listening Rap and Rock
Good detail,
bass not too punch
Must isolate
They must be transportable
Detachable cable
If you can not have to have the pavilions leather, I already returned the audio technica 50 mx because I was sweating ear (although I admit to having tried only in summer) and v moda xs  because pressing too much on the ears!
I'm not going to use an amplifier
The maximum cost is 180 from amazon!
Thanks to those who have the patience to help me!
Sorry for the English but I used google translate :D

Sep 29, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #3,682 of 4,373
How would the B&O H6 compare against the MDR1A/P7 for rock/bassier music.
It seems that they are less bassy, but I don't know if they're a lot less bassier or not.

They look really comfortable in my opinion though.

Thanks

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #3,683 of 4,373
  Hello Everyone!
Mainly listening Rap and Rock
Good detail,
bass not too punch
Must isolate
They must be transportable
Detachable cable
If you can not have to have the pavilions leather, I already returned the audio technica 50 mx because I was sweating ear (although I admit to having tried only in summer) and v moda xs  because pressing too much on the ears!
I'm not going to use an amplifier
The maximum cost is 180 from amazon!
Thanks to those who have the patience to help me!
Sorry for the English but I used google translate :D

For rap and rock without too much bass punch, I'd look at the P7s or HP50s.

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #3,685 of 4,373
  Thanks, I was looking for something that sounds like Mrice E100/Baldoor (which I think is fantastic for the quality / price ratio) but that isolates more from outside noise! What do you recommend (possibly detachble cable)? Sorry for the english :D

Both headphones have detachable cables...I would stick with the stock cables personally.

Oct 1, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #3,686 of 4,373
  Thanks, I was looking for something that sounds like Mrice E100/Baldoor (which I think is fantastic for the quality / price ratio) but that isolates more from outside noise! What do you recommend (possibly detachble cable)? Sorry for the english :D

Sorry this is OT, but I just wanna mention the VE Zen earbuds to you in case you are still interested in buds - they are really quite incredible.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up-update-april-25th-2015
http://www.head-fi.org/t/759219/ve-a-new-and-impressive-earbuds-brand

Oct 1, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #3,687 of 4,373

Sorry this is OT, but I just wanna mention the VE Zen earbuds to you in case you are still interested in buds - they are really quite incredible.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up-update-april-25th-2015
http://www.head-fi.org/t/759219/ve-a-new-and-impressive-earbuds-brand

These have gotten quite the attention. I think the difficulty to drive them has kept me away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back