Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Jan 2, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #2,777 of 4,373
Oh my God!!! Really sorry about it...

No biggie. 
redface.gif

How dare you. We all know the Shure 940 destroys the HD800, one day you'll come around I tell ya, one day!

^ And this is why! 
tongue.gif
  (FWIW, if the SRH940s were on this list...they'd be towards the very bottom).

Jan 4, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #2,778 of 4,373
Would you mind considering a review about the Thinksound on1 http://www.head-fi.org/products/thinksound-on1-supra-aural-on-ear-monitor-wooden-headphone, i'm kind of like it, and really really curious about these cans compare to t51p

Jan 4, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #2,779 of 4,373
  Would you mind considering a review about the Thinksound on1 http://www.head-fi.org/products/thinksound-on1-supra-aural-on-ear-monitor-wooden-headphone, i'm kind of like it, and really really curious about these cans compare to t51p

Sure thing...if anyone would like to loan me a pair, I'd be very happy to add them to the listing. 
smile.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #2,780 of 4,373

I replaced my On1s for the T51P and never looked back.

The Beyers are miles more comfortable than the On1 and they also have better mids to my ears too. The On1's pads will get warmer on the ear and some even say the bass changes as the pads warm up to your ears. I find them to get very stiff in the winter time for example until about 10-20 minutes.

I wouldn't say better but the On1 definitely has more bass than the 51P. Like i can feel them vibrate on bass heavy songs for example.They are also more nuetral to my ears, nuetral  to the point where my music sounds lifeless.

Overall i prefer the Beyers in every aspect except the bass. I'm not a bass head but the rumble of the On1s is impressive but not enough for me to take them over the T51Ps.

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #2,781 of 4,373

I replaced my On1s for the T51P and never looked back.

The Beyers are miles more comfortable than the On1 and they also have better mids to my ears too. The On1's pads will get warmer on the ear and some even say the bass changes as the pads warm up to your ears. I find them to get very stiff in the winter time for example until about 10-20 minutes.

I wouldn't say better but the On1 definitely has more bass than the 51P. Like i can feel them vibrate on bass heavy songs for example.They are also more nuetral to my ears, nuetral  to the point where my music sounds lifeless.

Overall i prefer the Beyers in every aspect except the bass. I'm not a bass head but the rumble of the On1s is impressive but not enough for me to take them over the T51Ps.

Thanks a lot for your informations, I was considering to trade my t51ps for the on1s,could you please give me more detail about the mids and the treble on the on1s compares to t51ps?

Jan 8, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #2,782 of 4,373
  Thanks a lot for your informations, I was considering to trade my t51ps for the on1s,could you please give me more detail about the mids and the treble on the on1s compares to t51ps?

The mids sound better and stand out more on the T51P and the treble is just as MH described. The On1 is a more neutral headphone so that is the way the treble leans.

Jan 8, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #2,784 of 4,373

The mids sound better and stand out more on the T51P and the treble is just as MH described. The On1 is a more neutral headphone so that is the way the treble leans.

I find the t51p treble is slightly recessed and not sparkle enough, the mids is very good but the vocal sounds fuzzy when i first putting it on,now when i get used to it, i find it relaxing and easy to hear. Basing on your informations, now i can make up my mind, not gonna take a risk and sticking up with my old t51p :). Thanks again

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #2,786 of 4,373
Haven't listened to the T51p, but the on1 is mildly V-Shaped; I actually had to mod my pair to flatten the bass and treble. It's useful to keep in mind that elevated bass tends to 'mask' the mids and highs, it's a psychoacoustic effect. My pair sounds more airy now even though the treble was toned down a notch.

Here's a graph of the t51p frequency response.
Here's the on1.

The on1 looks like a 'toned down' version of the t51p in these graphs.

Jan 9, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #2,788 of 4,373
  there are 2 missing portable headphones that i wonder how they will chime out with the rest.

1. Beyer AT 1350 A
2. Beyer T51i

Huh? They are both included in MH's opening post.

Actually, he reviewed the DT1350A. I see that there is actually an AT 1350 A which I know nothing about. But I think the T51i is the same as the T51P, no?

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #2,789 of 4,373
This mega - review does not favor the T51i at all.

http://www.marco.org/headphones-closed-portable

They are near the bottom of the list in nearly every category that is covered.

They place 16th out of 17 in the section called Overall.

They are described as Beyerdynamics only dud with what they claim is awful sound and awful comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back