Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Sep 4, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #2,492 of 4,373
Please do an A-B comparison between the QC15 and QC25 before you sell them!
smily_headphones1.gif

Planning do...did some tonight already.

Sep 5, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #2,494 of 4,373

Quick question, how is the audio quality with NC on vs with NC off? Don't need a detailed answer I just hope that the sound stays the same.

That will definitely be handled in my review. 
wink.gif

Sep 5, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #2,495 of 4,373
  I've heard the RDC had some issues. I can confirm that the RNCs do not suffer from any "quiet squealing". The radio signals you're experiencing can be problematic of some wireless headphones (I had them on the UE9000s too).

I guess if no one wants mine, I may just have to give them to my wife for air travel....they'll help drown out our 2 kids. 
wink.gif

I managed to exchange those $75 RDC's for another pair, and the replacement doesn't squeal. Nice n' quiet. Now I'm really happy with the isolation & noise cancelling. :)

Still... the B&W P7's taunt... 

Sep 6, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #2,498 of 4,373
Well, after a few days of A-Bing the QC25s with the QC15s and getting to know them better, I've updated my original listing to now include them:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-21-of-the-top-closed-portable-headphones-around#post_9622611

Sep 6, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #2,500 of 4,373
Sep 7, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #2,502 of 4,373
Yeah i did the same, bought the 20's last week, was um'ing and ah'ing about the 20 vs 15.. ended up with the 20's which i'm glad about (as i would've been super pissed if i got the 15s). I also bought in US and unfortunately back in Aus now and dont think an exchange would be easy. I do prefer over ear cans, but the 20's were just so much better at isolation than the 15's. 

So went to the local store today and did a short comparison. The sound signature definitely more bass and did sound better than the 15's. In terms of isolation/nc it seemed slightly more than 15's but still not as good as the 20's (using their demo airplane noise). I wear glasses so i'm thinking maybe the holes they create cause abit of sound leakage.

but I really do prefer the soundstage of over ears cans vs in ears and also the comfort factor, but i did manage to go ~15hrs with the in ears (they aren't really in ears) so i'm still trying to see whether its worth the effort to exchange.

Would love to hear other peoples opinions on the 20's vs 25's.

Sep 7, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #2,503 of 4,373
  Yeah i did the same, bought the 20's last week, was um'ing and ah'ing about the 20 vs 15.. ended up with the 20's which i'm glad about (as i would've been super pissed if i got the 15s). I also bought in US and unfortunately back in Aus now and dont think an exchange would be easy. I do prefer over ear cans, but the 20's were just so much better at isolation than the 15's. 

So went to the local store today and did a short comparison. The sound signature definitely more bass and did sound better than the 15's. In terms of isolation/nc it seemed slightly more than 15's but still not as good as the 20's (using their demo airplane noise). I wear glasses so i'm thinking maybe the holes they create cause abit of sound leakage.

but I really do prefer the soundstage of over ears cans vs in ears and also the comfort factor, but i did manage to go ~15hrs with the in ears (they aren't really in ears) so i'm still trying to see whether its worth the effort to exchange.

Would love to hear other peoples opinions on the 20's vs 25's.

In terms of NC, I'd rank them QC20i = QC25i > QC15

In terms of sound (from memory as it's been a few months since I sold my QC20i's) I prefer the fuller sounding QC25...a bit more natural and dynamic. But in terms of portability, the QC20i wins hands down....duh. 
wink.gif

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #2,505 of 4,373
The weak point of the Q20 in terms of SQ is its treble. How is the treble of the Q25.

A bit more extended and sparkly. I do agree with your assessment of the QC20 in that regard. It was a bit on the "dull" side of things (which is why I eventually sold it off). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back