Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Dec 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #1,186 of 4,373
  booo!!!! what's wrong w/ you guys?!?! (lookin at you greq & billson!) someone disagreed with your impression of the headphones! UNACCEPTABLE. this can only be solved by a FIGHT-TO-THE-DEATH!!!!! 
mad.gif

...or at the very least, can we get some name-calling or slight bickering? 
frown.gif

*grrrr christmas spirit ruining all the fun*

Indeed Christmas wouldn't be complete without the obligatory fights between awkward distant in-laws' friends of friends, garnished with the lobbing of fruit pies and stinky sprouts. 

To keep things seasonal I declare Billson a great big stuffed turkey. Take that! *quickly ducks under table*

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #1,188 of 4,373
I really enjoyed your comparisons of the portable headphones.

While I think the Sennheiser PX360s are a great value for $39.99 or $49.99 (recent prices at Officemax) I really enjoy my P7s.

Thank you Peter.

Dec 28, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #1,189 of 4,373
I really enjoyed your comparisons of the portable headphones.

While I think the Sennheiser PX360s are a great value for $39.99 or $49.99 (recent prices at Officemax) I really enjoy my P7s.

Thank you Peter.

Hey no worries. I was planning on adding over the holidays but this power outage in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) has really put a kink on my plans. Tonight is night 8 for us without power. 
frown.gif

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #1,190 of 4,373

Hey no worries. I was planning on adding over the holidays but this power outage in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) has really put a kink on my plans. Tonight is night 8 for us without power. 
frown.gif

Good luck with that. Hope the power returns soon for you.

Dec 29, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #1,191 of 4,373

frown.gif

Hope things get back to normal for you ASAP! All the best :)

Dec 29, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #1,192 of 4,373
Hey no worries. I was planning on adding over the holidays but this power outage in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) has really put a kink on my plans. Tonight is night 8 for us without power. :frowning2:

Oh wow. I hope your power is back up now.

You likely know this Peter... But just in case you did not notice and this interests you, you can receive from B&W some free HiFi music downloads. You receive a free three month Society of Sound membership subscription after you register your P7.

See http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Society_of_Sound/Society_of_Sound/Music/Subscribe.html

I wish you a great year ahead!

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #1,193 of 4,373
8 days without power? Wow, I'm out of touch. That's insane. Hang in there!

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #1,194 of 4,373
Yep...insane is the word! Southern Ontario really got nailed...and closer to the lake really got it bad (coincidentally were I live 
frown.gif
). Christmas in the dark so to speak. We stayed with family who weren't affected. But thankfully we got power back at 5am today. House got as cold as 0'C (32'F), but we're back to room temperature and things are returning to normal.

Decided to sit back and fire up my KGSSHV / SR-007 MK1s tonight with some Pink Floyd.

In a week or so, I'm planning on adding the DNA Pro's to my comparative review (not the on-ear, these are the brand new over-ears)....assuming my power stays on. 
tongue.gif

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #1,195 of 4,373
  Yep...insane is the word! Southern Ontario really got nailed...and closer to the lake really got it bad (coincidentally were I live 
frown.gif
). Christmas in the dark so to speak. We stayed with family who weren't affected. But thankfully we got power back at 5am today. House got as cold as 0'C (32'F), but we're back to room temperature and things are returning to normal.

Unreal. I can't imagine that happening at any time of the year, let alone right at Christmas. And I can't imagine trying to deal with what you just dealt with. 

Decided to sit back and fire up my KGSSHV / SR-007 MK1s tonight with some Pink Floyd.

That is a nice way to get yourself connected back into the grid!
beerchug.gif

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #1,196 of 4,373

Unreal. I can't imagine that happening at any time of the year, let alone right at Christmas. And I can't imagine trying to deal with what you just dealt with. 

That is a nice way to get yourself connected back into the grid!
beerchug.gif

Thought I'd put some stress on the grid to test it out. 
tongue.gif

It was really hard on my kids (9 and 5 years old)...but they did pretty well overall.

Dec 29, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #1,197 of 4,373
frown.gif

In a week or so, I'm planning on adding the DNA Pro's to my comparative review (not the on-ear, these are the brand new over-ears)....assuming my power stays on. 
tongue.gif

I will drive seriously crazy if my house electric cut down during winter... Wearing thick clothes all day long... while I was traveling last week, I removed my jacket even though it's cold ._. not a fan of it xD Glad you made it! 

Dec 30, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #1,198 of 4,373
~~I'm new to the forum (first post) but I have read the other entire 58 page thread covering the UE 9000's , and during the course of that purchased a pair of them from JB Hi-fi in Auckland NZ. Retailing at $599 NZ which is about 480 US. I paid 483 NZD which is about $380 US. So, not cheap headphones. Prior to purchase I compared them in the store with Bose QC 15's and of course was impressed with the ANC of those. I also listened to some B+W P3's and some Sony Momentums. All similar prices maybe dearer. All listening was done wired. . I've been using a pair of Technic RPDJ1210's (yes headphones not turntables) :wink: I've always considered these amazing cans, as in really amazing. Does anyone on this forum know them? So so clear, like electrostatics. Sure not for bassheads but well I am not one of those. So the other cans I tried at the shop were all good possibly better but they didn't have Bluetooth. That's what I wanted, so I bought these. I'm struggling to accept that they are good enough and while I appreciate the comfort and the freedom Yeh FREEDOM , did you hear me say freedom, wow that is so cool - the truth is the sound is muddy in the bass and recessed all the way up. Especially if I compare them to the Technics. Even compared to my Kef speakers (Reference Two's) which aren't generally considered particularly lively they (the Logitech cans) are veritably muted in the mid and upper ranges. So I've had them a few days and I have been adjusting to the sound on BT but its galling to think they could be better if I sacrificed FREEDOM. I had noticed a buzz when I was leaning on a pillow, that I could make appear or disappear by leaning back. weird. Today I started gaming with them - (Need for Speed on the Ipad) and something that I had noticed before became much more apparent. I describe this as some sort of electronic glitch. like a loose wire making a slight crackling noise. I had noticed it in between tracks when listening to music , and also when listening to the radio. It happens when there is a change in the type of sound being broadcasted and is particularly noticeable when the game intro's and you make your selections (of track, car etc) Its only on Bluetooth and I believe it to be the ANC componentry kind of clicking into place. I've also noticed occasional blackouts of sound for a second or two. So I think I am going to have to take them back as faulty. I am kind of sad, but for this amount of bucks want the BT to work easily. I know it can , I quite often drive the Kefs via a Bluetooth device in front of the Denon amp using the IPhone and it works perfectly. (Although there cutouts in IOS 6 - this has been fixed in IOS7) Does anyone have any comment about the Technics RPDJ1210s. Am I right they are good? Am I right:)

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #1,200 of 4,373
  MH- Glad to hear you are doing well and finally warm.

How the heck did you prevent your pipes from freezing?

cheers

Thanks!

I turned off the water at the main and then opened all my faucets and left them open. Luckily my pipes didn't freeze and the house was under 0'C (32'F) for about 5 days straight. I brought my Bose QC20i's with me to my dad's place (he only lost power for 4 hours) and I gotta say I am very impressed with them. They sound pretty good (best Bose headphones I've heard yet) and their noise cancelling circuitry is simply astounding! I thought the QC15s did a good job, but these are on another level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back