Comparisons: 36 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Jun 22, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #2,251 of 4,373
The HD600 is more open so has a more open air sound. It is also a more neutral signature. It also requires a decent amp versus being able to played direct from portable sources. If you don't need isolation, have a good amp, and want neutrality it is a good option.

The P7 is more V shaped in signature and offers isolation over open sound and is more portable plus designed to be played from portable sources comfortably. I prefer the P7 for bass and cymbal production over the HD600.

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #2,252 of 4,373
Updated my original comparative review with both the Bose QC15s and Sony MDR-10RNCs in case you're interested. 
smile.gif

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #2,253 of 4,373
  Updated my original comparative review with both the Bose QC15s and Sony MDR-10RNCs in case you're interested. 
smile.gif

We are always interested. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #2,254 of 4,373
After around 4 weeks of careful use, being placed back in their case every time, my TP51p headphones fell apart on me today 
mad.gif

So much for
world-class "Made in Germany" quality then. Should be an easy repair if I can get hold of the little plastic slider, I'll contact Beyer and seek their advice.

Jun 25, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #2,255 of 4,373
  After around 4 weeks of careful use, being placed back in their case every time, my TP51p headphones fell apart on me today 
mad.gif

So much for
world-class "Made in Germany" quality then. Should be an easy repair if I can get hold of the little plastic slider, I'll contact Beyer and seek their advice.

Youza! Good luck...from what I hear, beyer's customer service is quite good.

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #2,256 of 4,373
I have had my DT1350 for agesssss, they are still intact, actually perfect condition but i am not sure if T51p's hinges are the same as the DT1350. I am still waiting for my DT1350 to arrive. I pretty much have ended my portable journey by getting the JH Audio Roxanne universal (maybe get the custom fit later), it is the first pair IEM that I've only that has the same traits as a headphone, the wide soundstage, maybe not the depth, but to me it is good enough. 

I have M500 M100 DT1350 and heard P7, to me the roxanne serves the purpose of being portable, I have had problems with headphone messing up my hair so yea....sonically I think Roxanne is actually really good. Not trying to side track anyone here but just few thoughts...

Jun 26, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #2,258 of 4,373
  I have had my DT1350 for agesssss, they are still intact, actually perfect condition but i am not sure if T51p's hinges are the same as the DT1350. I am still waiting for my DT1350 to arrive. I pretty much have ended my portable journey by getting the JH Audio Roxanne universal (maybe get the custom fit later), it is the first pair IEM that I've only that has the same traits as a headphone, the wide soundstage, maybe not the depth, but to me it is good enough. 

I have M500 M100 DT1350 and heard P7, to me the roxanne serves the purpose of being portable, I have had problems with headphone messing up my hair so yea....sonically I think Roxanne is actually really good. Not trying to side track anyone here but just few thoughts...

very interesting how did you find the dt 1350 matched up with the m500? 

Jun 26, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #2,261 of 4,373
the NAD's sound really interesting.  Two questions: isolation?  i know it was rated high, does anyone have a comparison to the M50 for isolation (i find the M50 very isolating, i travel a lot but will NOT be using noise cancelling).  2nd...durability?  anyone have long term concerns? again, i beat the tar out of my m50 and they are still perfect

i'm looking for the M50 basically but with better sound quality.  i did not like the v-moda very much, which initially i though was going to be the answer...

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #2,262 of 4,373

very interesting how did you find the dt 1350 matched up with the m500? 

I would say they are quite different in their own way, depending on what your preference is. Both look good to me (appearance wise) M500 probably a more luxury feel (matches macbook pro), but if you are going to be moving around, it is some what loose on the head, but if you are just sitting down and not moving your head too much, it is very comfy.  Whereas the clamping force of the DT1350 can be too much for some people, but I got used to mine and also it tends to loosen up the more you wear it, no probably going around with it. 

Sonically, I would say DT1350 has a smaller soundstage but clarity is very good (my pair), it performs well in most freq ranges, but there are a dip in upper mid, which can make it a bit unnatural for some recordings. 

I found M500 can sound a bit muddy sometimes, especially in a fast song and a lot of instrument. 

Build wise, the DT1350 just feels more solid to me, although the M500 is made of aluminium but it gets tiny dents on the edges quite easily.  

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #2,263 of 4,373
  Youza! Good luck...from what I hear, beyer's customer service is quite good.

It is indeed.

I contacted Beyer in Germany regarding the failed slider and they immediately sent me out a replacement kit to enable me to repair the headphones.

Very pleased with this level of service and happy to have these wonderful sounding phones back :)

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #2,264 of 4,373

It is indeed.

I contacted Beyer in Germany regarding the failed slider and they immediately sent me out a replacement kit to enable me to repair the headphones.

Very pleased with this level of service and happy to have these wonderful sounding phones back :)

Good to hear! Kudos to beyer for being so responsive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back