Comparable to a HE-400
Dec 15, 2013 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

loonacy

100+ Head-Fier
I have had my HE-400 for several months and I like (not love) the sound.   A little to much treble for me but not a ton.  All in all the sound pretty darn good.  Here is the issue....... they hurt my head bad.  After maybe an hour of listening I start to get a headache and behind my ears hurt.  I have tried velour and pleather pads but both do the same thing.  The just hurt my head!!  I have a pair of Denon ah-d5000 and they are SOOOO comfortable.  Is there anything comparable to the HE-400 in the price range with a semi similar sound.  I had the Sennheiser HD600 and liked them but thought this may be an upgrade.  I have tried the HD 650 also but kept the HD 600 instead.  Might give them another try someday but is there anything else?

Dec 15, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #6 of 6
you can bend the band to make it clamp less. As for the weight of the phone, yes, a cushion will help.

I don't mind the headband though, I got used to wearing the akg q701's and their horrid bubbled self adjustiong headband. i dont think it gets worse than that. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Leatherette-Universal-Sennheiser-Beyerdynamic/dp/B00862522A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back