COMPACT portable amp (bassboost) for use with re0 iems
Oct 30, 2009 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Anouk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello Everyone, I just ordered the head-direct re0 iems and I also have the ie8. I use them at the moment with the sansa clip which is supposed to be a rather weak and udnerpowered player although it works well with the ie8 which is low own and high sensitivity. The re0 however is more demanding so I want a COMPACT portable amp to use with it. BUT since the re0 seems to have rather weak bass I would like to have an amp with a GOOD bass boost. I myself hate bloated bass so it needs to be good and realistic. I know about the lisa iii but thats no option. Are there any other amps that offer bassboost? I dont want to use eq, in the future I will probbably get one of the amp3 players and they dont have any eq.
Greetings, Anouk,

Oct 30, 2009 at 11:12 AM Post #2 of 11
T4/wait for T3

Oct 30, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, I am not sure what amp you mean. I havent been much into the portable amp forums lately. Do you mean some kind of amp by ibasso? I also read about the minibox e but it seems to have been an older design.
Greetings, Anouk,

Yes, by iBasso. The T4 is great, big and powerful enough to drive IEMs, what it was made for, while still keeping a tiny design. The T3 should be around the corner, and will ship for the same price, but upgraded components, so I'd definetly wait for that. Don't know much about the minibox, but it sure is a lot bigger.

Oct 31, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #5 of 11
Hello! Thanks for the heads up! I checked the ibasso site and this certainly is very interesting, especially since I live in Europe so it isnt all that expensive. I will certainly wait for their new amp though. Iwonder what the diff is between the normal version and the d-version... Maybe d stands for diy? Looking forward to it being released!
Greetings, Anouk,

Nov 1, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #7 of 11
well my personal experience is the T4 is pretty gutless really. we arent talking about your averge IEM, it would be fine with them I guess, but I dont think it possesses much, if any more power than Anouk's iphone 3G. the RE0 needs more power than the average IEM, power the T4 doesnt really have IMO. perhapos the T3 will be different, I like ibasso's stuff and trhey are a good company to deal with, but the T4 simply doesnt cut it IMO. so not much more power, perhaps you should keep researching Anouk. I cant remember if it had bass boost or not, does it?? only tried at a meet briefly

Nov 1, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #9 of 11
Hi Qusp, Thanks for the info I will keep it in mind. I wonder why the t3 will have either an analog or a digital volume control. I thought analog would be better... If the t3 has unsufficient power htan that would be bad, the re0 had a sensitivity of 100 db and an impedance of 75ohm, i guess this is one of the most hard to drive iems there is. I will keep checking on the t3 though.
Greetings, Anouk,

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #11 of 11
the penguin caffeine really is quite nice.. although, imo, not so compact

Users who are viewing this thread

Back