Compact Bluetooth DAP
Dec 4, 2022 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

matt audio

New Head-Fier
Hi, looking for a compact Dap with great Bluetooth capability for sports use. I currently use a hiby r2 with my final ze3000’s but find the connection a bit flakey, no such issue with my iPhone SE or my shanling m3x. It needs to be able to play lossless as I am not interested in converting my library of music to a specific format to suit. Am thinking shanling m0 (or m0 pro?) or hideze ap80 pro. Open to suggestions, as long as it is super compact, easy to use and the Bluetooth connection is not going to struggle if the dap is in my trouser pocket.
Cheers

May 1, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #3 of 7
Any suggestion/ feedback out there???

I use the Shanling M0 Pro for brisk walks daily, and the BT is stable even when it is inside the front pocket (I think the BT antennae is at the glass touch screen, so keep it facing forwards). It may stutter a bit if the screen is covered or if it is in the back pocket, but I think the BT is one of the better ones for a small DAP.

Outside the pocket, BT connectivity reaches about 10 meters with thick walls and around 15 meters without obstructions.

May 1, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #4 of 7
I use the Shanling M0 Pro for brisk walks daily, and the BT is stable even when it is inside the front pocket (I think the BT antennae is at the glass touch screen, so keep it facing forwards). It may stutter a bit if the screen is covered or if it is in the back pocket, but I think the BT is one of the better ones for a small DAP.

Outside the pocket, BT connectivity reaches about 10 meters with thick walls and around 15 meters without obstructions.
That’s for the info, what iems ante you using and do you use a specific codec? Cheers.

May 1, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #5 of 7
Compact DAPs have smaller antennae so they have more drop out connection issues. This explains why your phone and M3X work better. If you can wear the little DAPs in a breast pocket or use an upper arm band, they are likely to perform better.

May 1, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 7
That’s for the info, what iems ante you using and do you use a specific codec? Cheers.

For wireless gear, I mainly use the JVC HA-FW1000T and an iBasso CF01. The latter is a wireless adapter that allows u to connect detachable IEMS to it.

May 19, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #7 of 7
Try Hidizs AP80 Pro or Pro-X 😊👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back