[COMMING] TOPPING A90 FULL BALANCED HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER
May 27, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #47 of 55
I would really like a D90/A90 combo but there's no way I will drop over $2k AUD on aliexpress. Or any other Chinese retailer for that matter. Have been waiting for stuff for over 50 days now and it didn't even leave the country!!! Beware.

May 27, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #48 of 55
I would really like a D90/A90 combo but there's no way I will drop over $2k AUD on aliexpress. Or any other Chinese retailer for that matter. Have been waiting for stuff for over 50 days now and it didn't even leave the country!!! Beware.
Yup, it takes some time and experience to know what to order from who in China, and even then circumstances change.

Covid-19 delayed shipments for my stuff 4-6 weeks, then the rush back to manufacturing shipment fulfillment filled the docks and DHL was a couple of weeks behind. Fedex stayed good throughout, but was slower than normal.

Aliexpress "free shipping" takes f.o.r.e.v.e.r. - as do the far more expensive rungs up - you have to have an AliExpress seller like FiiO or Shenzenaudio with control over their own store on AliExpress and make deals with shippers for better pricing / quicker delivery.

Prices for DHL can be outrageous on AliExpress - outside of FiiO and Shenzenaudio including DHL shipping with higher priced products.

I did order the BTR5 Sky Edition on AliExpress today from FiiO with DHL shipping included, let's see how long that takes to ship and arrive. I also have a half dozen orders with other AliExpress sellers still in "progress", shipped but the last update date was weeks ago.

The Shenzenaudio Store on AliExpress offers free DHL shipping for the Topping A90 / D90.

I'd be more comfortable with trying a new product source out with something a bit less expensive first to see how they operate. First I buy something small that I wouldn't miss if I don't get it for a long while, and then I get to know the sales and support staff on a first name basis vis email. Then I slowly ramp up my trust in their operation, and spend more or less depending on how they perform. I takes weeks and months before I finally fork out thousands of dollars for an order.

It would be a leap of faith to spend that much right off the bat... but @shenzenaudio are a sponsor here on Head-fi, and that does give them some credibility... :)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001049033565.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000479347955.html

Last edited:
May 27, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #49 of 55
You are right, ordering overseas is a gamble these days. Lucky there are quite a few opportunities to buy local and second hand. I'm about to grab a 3 months old RME ADI-2 FS (AK4493) for about $750 US, cheaper than D90! Hard to resist, especially since I could start enjoying it within days. Topping might have to wait for me for a while and so does S.M.S.L :)

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #50 of 55
You are right, ordering overseas is a gamble these days. Lucky there are quite a few opportunities to buy local and second hand. I'm about to grab a 3 months old RME ADI-2 FS (AK4493) for about $750 US, cheaper than D90! Hard to resist, especially since I could start enjoying it within days. Topping might have to wait for me for a while and so does S.M.S.L :)
That's great!, the RME ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition is my other choice for a DAC, and I will probably get an RME DAC down the road, it's a nicely thought out instrument and reading the manual is fun. Enjoy! :)

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #51 of 55
Can the Topping A90 drive 3 different headphones (with different impedance) at the same time?

Feb 18, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #53 of 55
Thanks. It might be better to use an art headamp 4 pro so me and my family can watch movies while each one us using a separate headphone. I will use the rme adi-2 pro as preamp. I also got big speakers and a Cayin tube amp. But this will consume too much electricity and the tubes do not have endless life

Users who are viewing this thread

Back