Comments on GR07 MK1 or MK2?
Oct 9, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #2 of 7
I am using the GR07 and just about yesterday i tried the mkII but from what i have experienced, it seems the difference not so significant.

I were you, i wait for GR08 (coming end of this year or prolly beginning of next year...i could be wrong though for this info)

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
I am using the GR07 and just about yesterday i tried the mkII but from what i have experienced, it seems the difference not so significant.

I were you, i wait for GR08 (coming end of this year or prolly beginning of next year...i could be wrong though for this info)

And so an $100 GR07 is sounding good right about now :)

Thanks, I'll check stuff out.

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
I am interested in getting a GR07 but the regular GR07 used is about half as expensive as a new one and I have read the majority of threads on the GR07 MK2 and there is little info comparing the two. Any thoughts?

I thought the only difference between the MK1 and MK2 were the cables and accessories. Don't think I heard anything different in terms of sound between the two. 

$100 for a GR07 is pretty kickass! If you don't get it, I definitely will.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #5 of 7
I am interested in getting a GR07 but the regular GR07 used is about half as expensive as a new one and I have read the majority of threads on the GR07 MK2 and there is little info comparing the two. Any thoughts?

Pretty much anything you could find in the MK2 thread is all we really have to go off. People who have owned MK1 / MK2 have mentioned there's slightly more treble extension, bass is just a wee bit calmer and some have mentioned they think dynamics have slightly improved. Others have mentioned a glass ceiling at higher volumes present on MK1 has been lifted on the MK2. Basically, if you've heard the differences between a copper and silver plated cable, changes between both models are very similar to that effect, because to my understanding that's all that was changed on the IEM.

I have MK2, they're one great sounding IEM.

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #7 of 7
$100 is a great deal for a used GR07 indeed. I have owned the GR07 MK1 in the past and now own a MK2. Very little difference really, though I think the super soft cable on the MK2's is a huge improvement - I can now wear them without earguides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back