(Coming Soon!) Klipsch Reference S4 IEMs
Apr 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #17 of 23
Surprised you refer ti siblance in the S4. I've had them for a couple of years and once you have the correct size eartips in place, the bass is deep and tight, never boomy. The high end is rolled off ( ab it too much for me) and never harsh or "spitty" at all. Specs are identical between the twe. Can't drop another c note to try and hear a differnce.

Apr 18, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #18 of 23
I do think the new copper cord has affected the S4 in the Reference S4 - it is really bright compared to what I remember from the S4, which died on me 2-3 months ago.
Anyone else appreciate this?  I owned the S4 for a few years so I wonder if it was just really burned in.  

Any suggestions for a really non-fatiguing IEM?  I am VERY sensitive to "forward" and "bright" sounds.  I tired SE 215 and found it a little forward in presentation.  

I may just have to go back to the S4 and burn it in a long time.....

May 23, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:
Why so? That's right! Because Beats rank "basements of basements" and should never ever see the light of day, and saying "a least they're better than beats" just means that the 'phones rank "basement", thus meaning they still suck. Haha. I kid! But having own a pair of S4, I think that the cables really, umm, suck... Literally, it's not tangle prone, but it coils alot. So I hope they fixed that coiling problem with the new reference S4 cables.
Then again, look on the bright side, at least klipsch owners (note: most) do not flaunt their klipschs or act like little crybabies when you diss their 'phones. Basically, with klipsch owners, you don't usually get the ignorant, thick headed numbskull that comes with most beats owners. (note: most)
However saying that, I do feel that the S4 may really sound like $30 only. Once, my classmate tried my S4, and said they sucked, compared to his audio technica ath-ckp300 which were around half the price of the S4, and he is that "announces to the whole world" and "rub it in your face" type of guy, so firstly, I wanted to punch his male-appendage looking face, secondly, I tried the ckp300 and realized that it was actually almost on par with the s4 in terms of overall sound quality, except for maybe the mids and highs. But usually, for peole like him, only bass matters, so anything else above 64Hz (PS: what's the frequency range for lows?) like clarity and sparkling treble is insignificant to his mundane ears. Haha.
So basically, yes, I do think the S4 sounds like maybe $40-$50, and they are 2 years past their prime already, so there are many $30 IEMs that really do outshine or are on par with the klipsch image S4.

For the most part I totally ******* agree! I hate Beats owners because all there care about is bass. I love bass but thats not all I look for in a pair of headphones or speakers. Once I let my friend audition my Grado SR80i's cuz I was bragging about them so he wanted to try them. He then plugged them into his iPod(his first mistake) and put on some dumbass lil wayne(his second mistake) to test the bass! That pissed me off to an unbelievable extent! I immediately unplugged them and connected them to my Sony Walkman and played some Nirvana for him. He claimed to be immpressed but some people just don't know what good sound is. About the Klipsch Image S4's: I own the S4i's and I'd have to say I'm happy with my purchase. Klipsch released the Reference series about a month after I bought my Image S4i's and that pissed me off because I would've opted for them instead.

May 23, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:
For the most part I totally ******* agree! 

You know, sometimes I wonder how many of you bashers have actually heard the beats series. I've owned and heard several top-tier phones and I still think the beats sound pretty decent. Over priced, yes, but still good. 

BTW, nothing is wrong with a little Lil' Wayne from time to time. Not everybody likes Nirvana.

May 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

You know, sometimes I wonder how many of you bashers have actually heard the beats series. I've owned and heard several top-tier phones and I still think the beats sound pretty decent. Over priced, yes, but still good. 

BTW, nothing is wrong with a little Lil' Wayne from time to time. Not everybody likes Nirvana.

You'll notice that it's mostly junior head-fiers that make the comment of Beats being absolute rubbish; I'd gamble that most haven't heard the Pros and/or/nor compared them to other headphones. In all honesty, I'll also agree, Beats aren't terrible. The Pro's sound is relatively respectable if you can find one for around ~$200 in my opinion. Perhaps a little harsh and overbearing on the bass, but still not as bad as some will make it out to be. Good self defense weapon too.

Out of personal preference though, I'd rather take an HDJ2000 since I rather like Pioneer's house sound. A nice boost in the mid-bass doesn't hurt from time to time if you want a bassy sound. It's a tad (well, not really a tad) out of budget though.

Jun 9, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #23 of 23
I just ordered these from slickdeals. I grabbed em for 55$. Pretty sweet price. Im a noob in this area of expertise, can you tell me which comply tips i need for these headphones and why i should get them? I hope these are awesome. Oh and don't worry, no Lil Wayne for me! I'm a REAL hiphop head. Nirvana also rules too! \m/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back