Comfortable Headphone Search
Nov 30, 2010 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

suhaybh

100+ Head-Fier
I had a pair of Shure SRH 440 headphones and was quite pleased with the sound quality, but was extremely dissappointed with their comfort level. Just recently my left earpiece snapped and I am about to send them in for a warranty replacement. I have two options:

1) I upgrade my headphones to an SRH 840 or the SRH750 DJ, with the main goal being to get the most comfortable pair of headphones. From what I have heard all shure full sized headphones suck in the comfort category.

2) I trade in my Shure SRH 440 for a pair of earbuds of equal value (however, not a big fan of earbuds) and purchase a pair of headphones from a different manufacturer.

Here are some points regarding what I want in a headphone:

- Comfort is most important. I find the Bose earphones QC series and the B&W p5 to be extremely comfortable, based on the short trials I have had in the apple store. I want to be able to wear the headphones all day without any discomfort.
- I am not much of an audiophile. The most I can tell you is that stock apple earbuds stink in terms of sound quality.
- Prefer them to be portable, again like the bose and B&W
- Closed headphones preferably
- Price is important as well. I probably would have purchased the aformentioned bose or B&W headphones by now but I live in Canada where they cost a minimum of $250 all the way up to $400. The cheaper the better.

So what do you guys think I should do? Kinda confused as to what my next pair of headphones should be... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 4
Don't get the SRH750DJs for comfort... I don't think they were made for human heads. The HD555s are really comfortable and NCIX (canadian) has them on sale quite often... but they're open

Nov 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #3 of 4
Just to add to my first post, since I'm not much of an audiophile I probably wont be using amps or really listening to high bitrate audio. I am really looking for a pair of headphones that would sound fine connected to an iPod...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back