Comfort mod: HD650 headband padding on the Pro 900
Dec 5, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #76 of 77
Awesome, im gonna do this mod to my Ultrasone's as well. They really start to hurt after one hour or so. 

So must get a HD650 padding, but.. if you are ok with destroying your crappy Ultrasone original padding (I am of course),
just detach it from the headband with the original velcros still on, punch a hole through the padding, tear the inner
cushion off, and rip the loose outer part carefully off the velcro. It came out perfectly clean for me, those seams
separete nicely. Then you only have to superglue the perfect velcro to the new (HD650) padding and insert it.

And yes, there is a hard part in the back of the original velcro too, so gluing should be no problem.

I might add pictures later when im getting new padding.

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #77 of 77
  Awesome, im gonna do this mod to my Ultrasone's as well. They really start to hurt after one hour or so. 

So must get a HD650 padding, but.. if you are ok with destroying your crappy Ultrasone original padding (I am of course),
just detach it from the headband with the original velcros still on, punch a hole through the padding, tear the inner
cushion off, and rip the loose outer part carefully off the velcro. It came out perfectly clean for me, those seams
separete nicely. Then you only have to superglue the perfect velcro to the new (HD650) padding and insert it.

And yes, there is a hard part in the back of the original velcro too, so gluing should be no problem.

I might add pictures later when im getting new padding.

I would think the 600 padding would be more comfy no? Don't have ultrasone but have beyers 440.660 with the stupid ultrasone headpand with that one little piece of foam. It does get a little more comfy by pinching it over and over to "break-in" i've also heated lightly with hair dryer to soften it up, but it still bugs me.
 Its no where as bad as the first few weeks
Hope to do these mod down the line as i have other "headphone related business" to take care of
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back