Comfort / Fit issues : Vsonic GR07 or Hifiman RE-262
Sep 18, 2012 at 6:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

eyal1983

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,
some guys here went from RE262 to GR07, because of fit issues;

my question is this:
Do the GR07 really solves this?
does it really fits into the ear MUCH better than the hifimans ?

-Eyal

Sep 18, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #2 of 7
I'm one of those people that sold their RE-262 because of the fit and jumped to GR07 and I say yes, they do.
For no particular reason, I could not obtain a decent fit with RE-262s. They were the first IEMs I was having an hard time with. I had some fit issues with my ATH-CK10s but I figured them out and they fit perfectly now. I finally gave up on them and put them on sale. Then the GR07s came to my door.
For no particular reason, I opened the Vsonic box, put the GR07s on and the fit was instantly perfect, with stock single flange tips. They are, perhaps, sligtly less comfortable on the outer ear (pinna) than the HiFiMans, YMMV, but is what happens inside the ear canal that matters: Vsonics: perfect seal, plently of bass; HiFiMan: no seal, no matter what (complys, double flanges medium and big, single flange, ecc) I tried.

Sep 18, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #4 of 7
I had some fit issues using the included bi-flange with the RE262. They were uncomfortable and would pop out of my ears from only 30 minutes of use. That all changed when i switched to Sony hybrids single flange. They were a match made in heaven. They are so comfortable that i can sleep in them!( yes i slept with my $150 dollar iems..haha). So as long as you find the right tips, you will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back