Comfort, clarity, and bass (ck10, mtpc, um2)
Jan 21, 2012 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kwudude

New Head-Fier
I'm currently using a pair of UE700s.

What I like:
- clarity
- isolation
- tiny size / comfort
- silicone (not unbearable foam) tips

What I don't like:
- no sub-bass "thump"
- no bass decay
- questionable build

Searching for a replacement that keeps the pluses and fixes the minuses. I'm currently looking at the ATH-CK10 (not enough bass?), UM2 (not very comfortable, foam tips?), and the MTPC (not very comfortable?)

Any comments or suggestions?

Jan 21, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #2 of 6
I will recommend the EQ7, EQ5, Yamaha EPH100, Sony XBA3, GR10 and Klipsch Image X10 for better bass reponse, overall clarity with good isolation.

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
UM2 (not very comfortable, foam tips?)

I don't know where you heard that from but it's complete codswallop. The UM2 (along with the UM3x) is one of the most ergonomic, comfortable, and best isolating IEMs you can get. And you can use the supplied silicon tips on it if you don't like foam ones.

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
I don't know where you heard that from but it's complete codswallop. The UM2 (along with the UM3x) is one of the most ergonomic, comfortable, and best isolating IEMs you can get.

I guess it really depends on each individual ear shape.
Most people here seems to like Westone IEM shape, while I had the most difficult time EVER getting a perfect fit/seal with UM3X because my right ear canal makes a weird turn and supplied tips are too small for me.
So I have it easier with IEMs having relatively small shells so I can try different insertion angles. You unfortunately can't do that with most Westone or Earsonics universal IEMs...

While UM2 are certainly excellent IEMs, they aren't especially tiny (OP criteria) so the fit could be an issue.

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #6 of 6
W2 are lacking a little in bass quantity but not quality. The UM2 is better in pretty much every way except comfort (W2 are really small and are the most comfortable IEMs Ive ever used). I cant compare to UE700 but I do think bass is better on the UM2 than TF10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back