Combo Review: Euphony PTS - Matrix X-SPDIF 2 - Keces P8
Feb 10, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #166 of 210
Does anyone use Fidelizer Pro 8 for a Windows based streamer going to a Euphony audio device? If so, do you hear a difference? I am trying out the evaluation version of Fidelizer Pro while running boot camp on my 2018 Mac mini to run Windows/HQPlayer/Roon server to stream to my Euphony audio pts. It seems unlikely that reducing unnecessary Windows system processes would have an effect on the audio quality of a streaming device, but I think I've noticed a slight improvement streaming with MacOS versus Windows, so I'm confused and uncertain.

Feb 11, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #168 of 210
Does anyone use Fidelizer Pro 8 for a Windows based streamer going to a Euphony audio device? If so, do you hear a difference? I am trying out the evaluation version of Fidelizer Pro while running boot camp on my 2018 Mac mini to run Windows/HQPlayer/Roon server to stream to my Euphony audio pts. It seems unlikely that reducing unnecessary Windows system processes would have an effect on the audio quality of a streaming device, but I think I've noticed a slight improvement streaming with MacOS versus Windows, so I'm confused and uncertain.
It should matter if your OS is decoding and playing the music files but perhaps the Euphony OS endpoint is helping out in reducing the jitter of the Windows or MAC. Mac sounds horrible if played directly using its Core-audio (I did that with HQplayer), so it may help running on windows. What PC do you use for your Euphony Endpoint ?

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:48 PM Post #169 of 210
It should matter if your OS is decoding and playing the music files but perhaps the Euphony OS endpoint is helping out in reducing the jitter of the Windows or MAC. Mac sounds horrible if played directly using its Core-audio (I did that with HQplayer), so it may help running on windows. What PC do you use for your Euphony Endpoint ?

I use a Euphony Audio PTS that Arthur configured for me.

Feb 20, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #170 of 210
Euphony Stylus v3 is out now! Whoo hoo! You can't pay for the upgrade yet, but you can demo a trial version. Just downloaded and installed it. I'm glad this software/audiophile OS continues to mature!

[Edit: I've been listening now for a half-hour. There is a definite improvement in sound quality with the upgrade.]

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #172 of 210
I will try to get a trial version of it and see how that works. I am hoping the library management would be better. There are many issues. Is it supposed to sound better too ? Also embedded HQplayer gives clicks and pauses between tracks. I hope that can be resolved too. Otherwise it is sounding great using my HDPlex PC + LPS.

Feb 20, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #173 of 210
I will try to get a trial version of it and see how that works. I am hoping the library management would be better. There are many issues. Is it supposed to sound better too ? Also embedded HQplayer gives clicks and pauses between tracks. I hope that can be resolved too. Otherwise it is sounding great using my HDPlex PC + LPS.

It is supposed to sound better. They have fixed some of the issues from Stylus version 2, but I'm not sure if your exact issues have been fixed. Have you submitted a ticket for your issues at their website? They have a support page.

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #176 of 210
Thanks for the update! I've been using another source (review product) my Euphony server is sitting on the bottom shelf, all lonely and sad. Good to know there will be an update waiting for it when I get it up and running again.

Which source? Is the review published? Any SQ comparisons to the Euphony PTS?

Feb 21, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #177 of 210
Another new feature is that you can stream music from your iOS device via AirPlay. My Euphony PTS server doesn't have a wi-fi chip, so I can't verify if it works well. Also, it is now possible to purchase an upgrade from v2 to v3 for $99 through the Euphony Stylus web app.

Feb 24, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #178 of 210
My Euphony PTS was connected to my Xfinity modem along with a lot of other stuff, which I figured was not the best solution for a steamer/NAA setup. I asked Jussi (HQPlayer) what I could do to improve this. He recommended using a network switch with just my audio components connected, specifically a switch with an internal power supply and some other 802.1x specifications. I got the same one he uses in one of his setups (Xyzel 1100-16, $70 on Amazon), and it brought a nice reduction in the noise floor of my system. That change and the upgrade to Euphony Stylus v3 together have made a big difference in the sound quality, providing better dynamics and improved focus.

Feb 24, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #179 of 210
I use a similar switch (Cisco though, for no particular reason) and have never really thought about what performance impact it might have. Nice to know I'm using something like the "recommended" solution, even if it was just by accident.

I'm slightly curious about what difference I might hear by switching to a cheap unmanaged switch with external wall wart, or going straight from the router or modem even. Probably not curious enough to try a comparison though.

Feb 26, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #180 of 210
Euphony PTS music servers got a price drop - $999 right now, which gets you a 250GB SSD. Pricing for larger drives has dropped as well, to keep pace with falling prices in that segment.

That's a steal of a deal imho... the price adjustment covers more than half the cost of this Keces linear PSU. It's a step down from the Keces P8 that I use, but likely still does an excellent job (maybe closer than P8 owners might like to believe...) - $1500 would get the combo with a 1TB SSD on board, which is enough for many users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back