Combination of HD580 and K702
Jan 28, 2018 at 10:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pasi123567

Head-Fier
I hope this is the last post I'll have to make regarding this topic. All I wanted was to update from my old Gaming Headset and so I searched for something that will actually give me good sound. But its really hard to find something that just is good enough for me.

It should have the HD580 detail. it is superior to the K702 detail. K702 doesn't even come close.
HD580 misses bass. K702 has the better bass and more bass in my opinion. The bass is looser on the K702 but I actually prefer that because it sounds more pleasing to my ears.
Highs? I dont know, The HD580 highs are better in general. If I would call one of those 2 veiled I actually would go for the K702. Thats because it just sounds lush in comparison to the HD580
Soundstage should be somewhere in between those 2. K702 is too wide and HD580 a little bit too closed. Maybe I wouldn't say the K702 soudnstage is too wide if it has better detail. Cause the missing detail really destroys them.

In general the K702 sounds more pleasing and warm to me than the HD580. It has some kind of enjoyment in it that I can't get with the HD580
In my opinion the bass should be somewhere between the K702 and M40x. (M40x has too much bass)

In short:
K702 Bass (Smoother and more)
HD580 detail
Little bigger soundstage than HD580
Still neutral (I need my vocals)

I think that's it. I also thought of going planar once but that would probably not be mine because I apparently am the only person on the planet who doesn't like fast/punchy bass. Even the M40x bass was too fast and dry to me. Not to speak how ugly DT880 bass is to my ears.

Budget is anything up to 500€ Though I buy most things used because that doesn't change much about the sound experience. So If I can get something good used for 500€ thats also okay.

Jan 29, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #5 of 6
k702 has fast bass also but you like them
Still feels like K702 has more decay in the bass. but then again it has that everywhere. I mean the HD600 bass isn't that bad either but K702 is superior for me. Dt880 and M40x have fast bass too right? I think it's faster than that of the AKG and actually too fast and dry sounding. And I feel like the faster the bass the "dryer" the sound or the punchier the sound and I dont like either of those two things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back