Combination of Fiio e7 and e12 ?
Mar 3, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #3 of 11
You can get the FiiO L7 adapter, which give you the line-out signal from E7 and feed it to any amp you want, including E12. This will only be worthy if you already own an E7 and doesn't want it to go to waste. If you don't have E7, might as well get a standalone USB DAC around $50 or so to go with E12.

Mar 3, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 11
Thanks a lot for your reply . Yes I have an E7 and want to buy E12 .

How about getting a E18 instead? Will it not be as good with one single device? I assume selling the E7 and getting the E18 will not be much different from getting the E12 price wise. You will get a better DAC but the E12 still is the best AMP from FiiO although not sure how much better than the one in the E18.
Just a random thought :D

I have been testing the E11, E17 and E18 and is not as easy to tell apart but one thing I am noticing is more open sound on the E18 and what seems to be like a good difference in dynamics and speed. I have been using some reference discs made for this type of test and that is one key factor I am liking about the E18.
At first I was all about the E17 because it looks cooler, the display, the treble/bass control but the E18 is getting the points where I care most...SQ.

Sorry for the off topic part :D

Mar 3, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #6 of 11
Actually E18 should be a pretty good, sensible upgrade over E7. It won't be as powerful as E12 but you might not need that much power after all.

Mar 4, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #7 of 11
Unfortunately , I can not sell my E7 , because no one is intrested in these type of things here in my country :) and also I'm not sure E18 amp is powerful enough to drive my k701 ! Do you think the dac part of E7 is too much bad ? (sorry for my english)

Mar 6, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #8 of 11
Unfortunately , I can not sell my E7 , because no one is intrested in these type of things here in my country
smily_headphones1.gif
and also I'm not sure E18 amp is powerful enough to drive my k701 ! Do you think the dac part of E7 is too much bad ? (sorry for my english)

Might as well get an E9 instead? They are much cheaper except it requires a PowerPoint to run it

Hope it helps
Billson

Mar 23, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #11 of 11
What about the high output impedance of the E9?

My Q701 sound good thru my E09K or thru my E12.
Either sounds a bit fuller and warmer for my Q701 than the E17 I used to own, but even the E17 was pretty good with my. Q701s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back