Colorfly CK4 first review
Feb 10, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #196 of 254
I want to downgrade the firmware on my CK4+.

Ever since updating my battery meter has been going down rather quickly, and I seem to have less run time.

I need the version before : 1.00.00.01

I cannot find it anywhere, possibly it can be found on a Chinese site? If anyone can help that would be great.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #198 of 254
Taobao can be ok if you choose a good seller, make sure they have tonnes of positive feedbacks. Also ask to make sure they will ship it to wherever you are, some only inland to China. Finally, communication may be difficult since most of them only speak Chinese. But it can be every bit as safe as buying from Amazon.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #199 of 254
Just an update on my CK4 battery upgrade, I have had to wait until Chinese new year is over, because I want to let the shipping programs go back to normal and not be caught out waiting for a month or two with delays.

It's still happening, I shall grab photo's of the process if possible.

Feb 14, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #201 of 254
GUYS!!!!! Please !!!!! i cant find anywhere to buy the colorfly CK4 !!!!! i dont trust those ebay sellers anywhere else ??? trusted websites????
my local store doesnt carry them ! and i can't find a trusted source to order them from , i am afraid the ebay ones might be fakes.  \where did you guys get yours from ? please help me !!!!

Feb 14, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #202 of 254
I googled and found out there's two version for this, CK4+ and Ck4. Is there any difference between the two?

Only the button layout.

GUYS!!!!! Please !!!!! i cant find anywhere to buy the colorfly CK4 !!!!! i dont trust those ebay sellers anywhere else ??? trusted websites????

my local store doesnt carry them ! and i can't find a trusted source to order them from , i am afraid the ebay ones might be fakes.  \where did you guys get yours from ? please help me !!!!

Relax, look for the seller on eBay bigbargainsonline. Legit 100%

Feb 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #203 of 254
GREAT!!! thanks H20 !!!! now i got a decent office setup !!!
pairing the colorfly C4K to my C&C X02 and power my SRH-1840 !!!!! 
gonna be a sick set up !!!! whoo !!! and again thanks man !!!

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #204 of 254
So now my CK4+ works with AD8397 amp inside. What i've got:
- much more clear sound
- more details
- little more warmth -> more melodical sound.
Sound signature little similar on Studio-V, but with Colorfly melody notes, big soundstage, layering, instrumental separation.
Am i happy? Yes, but later i want to put high capacitors + resistors to make my player perfect.
RE400 show me that my player now is not my old CK4+, it is better.

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #205 of 254
So now my CK4+ works with AD8397 amp inside. What i've got:

- much more clear sound

- more details

- little more warmth -> more melodical sound.

Sound signature little similar on Studio-V, but with Colorfly melody notes, big soundstage, layering, instrumental separation.

Am i happy? Yes, but later i want to put high capacitors + resistors to make my player perfect.

RE400 show me that my player now is not my old CK4+, it is better.

Who did the modifications for you Berkovajazz? I don't use my CK4 from headphone out anymore, only line out. And I want to upgrade the battery soon for hopefully 15 hours. Which I have just ordered today.

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #207 of 254
Quote:
Who did the modifications for you Berkovajazz? I don't use my CK4 from headphone out anymore, only line out. And I want to upgrade the battery soon for hopefully 15 hours. Which I have just ordered today.

I'm also little tired from stock CK4+, so decided to make something new. My dad has experience in techno products about 40+ years, so old school masters knows how and what to do well.
I don't have a lot of free time now, i can't fastly go to special shop and buy my needed parts, so using lil'mod for now.

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #208 of 254
I'm also little tired from stock CK4+, so decided to make something new. My dad has experience in techno products about 40+ years, so old school masters knows how and what to do well.

I don't have a lot of free time now, i can't fastly go to special shop and buy my needed parts, so using lil'mod for now.

Well I've ordered a battery, for the CK4 it was only around $5.00 I'll let you guys know once the operation is complete. I won't be disgarding the original battery and until I can test this upgrade a few cycles. I've read you can get 15 hours using the upgrade. You can get the battery's here and I've had the CK4 open, which was rather easy to do. It's just a matter of soldering two wires and securing the batter onto the backplate with some double sided tape.

http://www.mistertao.com/taobao-products/taobao-item-14897246982.html

I'll report in once it's done.

Mar 8, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #209 of 254
Quote:
Well I've ordered a battery, for the CK4 it was only around $5.00 I'll let you guys know once the operation is complete. I won't be disgarding the original battery and until I can test this upgrade a few cycles. I've read you can get 15 hours using the upgrade. You can get the battery's here and I've had the CK4 open, which was rather easy to do. It's just a matter of soldering two wires and securing the batter onto the backplate with some double sided tape.

http://www.mistertao.com/taobao-products/taobao-item-14897246982.html

I'll report in once it's done.

On a side note. Have you ever ordered with Mistertao? Does it work well?

Mar 8, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #210 of 254
On a side note. Have you ever ordered with Mistertao? Does it work well?

I've ordered a silicon case for C3 from Mistertao and it went fine. The CK4 battery however I found out today has been refunded. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your message.

We refunded you because it is battery, and China Post can't ship battery.
The second reason is this battery is second hand, the quality can't be guaranteed. Please choose other new battery.

And if you really want it, please choose Singapore Post Air Mail and leave note that you can bear all the risk, so we can help you buy it.

If any problem, please feel free to contact us.

Best wishes,
Ivy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back