Colorfly C4 & Micro SD Cards
Nov 26, 2012 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Jason36

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I have just bought a Colorfly C4 and was wondering if anyoe new what the maximimum size Micro SD card that can be used is?

I know it will take the 32GB ones......but will it accept 64Gb cards formatted to Fat32??

Would be handy to have a total of 96Gb if you are loading Hi Res FLAC files onto it. 

Cheers
Jason

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #2 of 14
Hi Jason.

Congrats on your purchase *drools* one day I shall own this player.

I have done some reading up on this for you and apparently yes you can use 64GB cards.

The source of my answer is in this link. (3rd comment from the bottom) I will also grab and quote the comment

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&ved=0CJIBEBYwCA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fall_comments%3Fv%3D6L4egDdWfgE&ei=l0-zUOGWFsuwiQe4yIDICA&usg=AFQjCNH1JFL05ryex8EnzJ8qP89_TfCkqA&sig2=z8HC60QUk64Cmb2eTEhwFQ

Btw, If you insert SanDisk SDXC 64GB class 6 SD card, this C4 can also play all the music on it. I tried, and it work perfectly. But you cannot use the C4 to transfer files to the 64GB card, need to use external card reader. Also, the 64GB card has to be formatted as FAT32 by program like Diskgenius. Cheers!
please321a 6 months ago

Nov 26, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 14
Thanks for that Mate,

I am hoping that my experience with the C4 is better than I had with the C3.......although I dont think from what I have read that is likely to be an issue :)

Can wait to take delivery and get the 4.Ai connected up to it.

Feb 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #4 of 14
Hello everybody,

This thread suggests that the c4 can play 64gb micro sd, while colorfly on the website tells us 32gb is the max (due to a maximum adress space for 64gb memory).

Grtzzz mdp

Feb 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #5 of 14
Hi guys

I've just pulled the trigger on the C4 also and i'm excited for the new experiences it will bring but i was a bit shocked when a friend pointed out that the player will not play an album or folder/file in full/continously and that you have to manually keep pressing a button to get the next track.....is this true? I can live with gapless....but non continuous might be a step too far?!

Thanks for any help!

May 16, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #6 of 14
Hey guys. My new c4 is in the post and assuming the post office don't call in the bomb squad it should be with me on Monday. I was wondering if the 64gb sd card trickery was limited to the sandisk class 6, or whether any 64gb card can be formatted to fat32 and will work

May 18, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #7 of 14
Hi,

This is just to clarify make double sure that every1 knows exactly how to do this properly.

1stly use a decent HDD Formatting programme be it Windows or IOS or unix/ Linux etc...

Insert your new 64gb microSDXC Card into a decent card reader & then indeed make sure that U Format it to the FAT32 BUT PLEASE DO THIS PART AS IT'S MOST IMPORTANT THAT U DO.

FORMAT THE CARD IN FAT32 BUT MAKE SURE U MAKE THE CARD A BOOTABLE CARD, SO TO DOUBLE MAKE SURE THAT U UNDERSTAND = MAKE THE CARD A BOOTABLE FAT32 CARD WHEN U FORMAT IT, OR IT WONT WORK CORRECTLY.

& As mentioned take out the card from the C4 & use a reader to transfer your .wav/ .flac or even .mp3 files to the EXT Storage card.

Also can I recommend to U that U do try & leave about at least 10‰ free space on any storage device, that's my Ex Network Admin brain just giving U sound advice, sorry I just can't help it LOL :)
Anyways happy 96gb (well roughly 89gbs after the usual slight gbs loss U get) & it allows for a lot more hidef song files for this amazing quality player, I for 1 have been using my C4 Pro with a 64gb card for a while now & can't wait on 128gb micro cards :wink:

Happy Listening all :)

Greets J.

May 20, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #8 of 14
hey to all who are asking this thread..

i personally AM using a 32gb C4 and using 64GB micro sd to it.

yes you would be required to format it to fat32 in order to use it.

after that everything is drag and drop! =)

any questions may PM me!

May 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #11 of 14
Yep, X2 of the SanDisk 64gb microSDXC class 10's here = fine in bootable fat32 format :wink:

Cheers J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back