ColorFly C4 - Lots of Questions and Issues on Not Working!!!
Mar 31, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #154 of 172
got my colorfly c4 back today from Stefan Horwege, was modified and sent back within 5 working days! the first hour was a nightmare to listen to, much too harsh, but after six hours of burn in everything settled nicely.

i must say that this modification with better parts and Op Amp is worth each cent! the improvement and gain in clarity, precision and detail is remarkable!

listening to the c4 without and now with the tu-05 the soundstage depth is not only improved but it is much more easy to locate each object, the coherency is excellent, you need definetely a lower volume level to listen without missing anything, instead the clarity, the air and body around everything is improved and so ... realistic. the bass is another point really improved, more precision, lees boomy if you could call the bass boomy before.

so i am absolutely happy, my c4 is back, the chain gets better and better, this modification by HIFIWERKSTATT hoer-wege is highly recommended!

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #159 of 172
We cant, the CPU does not support it, it is just not powerful enough. That is what the official of colorfly has told us. But on the other hand it has been conformed that C5 is due this year.

Not sure what the final name will be but the DAP department of colorfly finally convinced the company to carry on with their audio line and it should be released by the end of this year.

Apr 13, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #160 of 172
We cant, the CPU does not support it, it is just not powerful enough. That is what the official of colorfly has told us. But on the other hand it has been conformed that C5 is due this year.

Not sure what the final name will be but the DAP department of colorfly finally convinced the company to carry on with their audio line and it should be released by the end of this year.

But there are no details our even basics anywhere on English speaking web?

Apr 13, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #161 of 172
But there are no details our even basics anywhere on English speaking web?

No, but if you speak with their closely linked retailers they are better kept informed than us. 

But it is certain the new one is coming out this year and it might be 3000 unit and if they feel like it they produce more. Their parents company does not feel like spending the resources on their audio line is wise hence they delay. 

Oct 9, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #163 of 172
Hi all, just picked up a C4 via the for sale forums and didn't think to ask about original packaging, etc. so I have no serial number. Is there any way to find the serial number without the original packaging and manual? I have contemplated opening the unit, but thought I'd check here first.

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #165 of 172
  when i opened mine removing the wooden case, a serial number label was inside !

I thought that would be the case.

I tried opening it yesterday, but stopped short when it didn't slide out easily. I was able to lift it up, out of the wood by about 5mm, but it looked like there was a circuit board under the volume slider that wasn't going up with everything else so I didn't want to go any further in case that circuit board is meant to stay attached to the main board (as opposed to connection via a ribbon cable or something). Any tips for removing the case? Are there any pics around of the inside?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back