Colorfly C4 in 2013/4 - still relevant?
Dec 13, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #61 of 81
What are you replacing the C4 with? I also have Etymotic ER4s and love the combination. Have some Fostex th-x00 on the way and am hoping that the C4 will be a good match with them.

Atm, just sticking with iBasso units, (DX50+amp, DX90, DX80), if something impressive crosses my path I'll purchase it. C4 is a great unit, I've been left extremely impressed on some listening sessions, others asking if I really want to keep it. I think it's sound is unique and a true example of Colorfly's house sound.

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #63 of 81
Hello guys, sorry for bumping up ancient thread. i was thinking to purchase used C4 out of the curiosity of the sound.
i'm currently using Onkyo DP-X1 as my primary DAP and my cans is mainly consisted of IEM with low impedance.
my question is, it is still worth to purchase C4 today? or i better purchase mojo to pair with my DP-X1 or other transport? 
does C4 could still hold its ground against mojo or they have different sound signature approach?
thank you very much for the insight

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #64 of 81
  Hello guys, sorry for bumping up ancient thread. i was thinking to purchase used C4 out of the curiosity of the sound.
i'm currently using Onkyo DP-X1 as my primary DAP and my cans is mainly consisted of IEM with low impedance.
my question is, it is still worth to purchase C4 today? or i better purchase mojo to pair with my DP-X1 or other transport? 
does C4 could still hold its ground against mojo or they have different sound signature approach?
thank you very much for the insight

I've owned them both (C4 and Mojo)

I think Mojo is the better pick considering a device in 2016, its going to reveal more detail, output power and a better frequency response (C4 has a little bass roll-off with some IEMs). In saying that though C4 will always have its character, unique look, style. It also sounds very airy, particularly 'beautiful' around the mid-range. I used C4 with some Grado 325e, it left fond memories of some Ane Brun tracks making her vocals sound almost haunting. So in some regard C4 does have a great presence of emotion from its music. But if you're not one to admire the appearance of C4 and feel comfortable navigating something reminiscent of a pinball machine Mojo is more 2016.

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #65 of 81

I've owned them both (C4 and Mojo)

I think Mojo is the better pick considering a device in 2016, its going to reveal more detail, output power and a better frequency response (C4 has a little bass roll-off with some IEMs). In saying that though C4 will always have its character, unique look, style. It also sounds very airy, particularly 'beautiful' around the mid-range. I used C4 with some Grado 325e, it left fond memories of some Ane Brun tracks making her vocals sound almost haunting. So in some regard C4 does have a great presence of emotion from its music. But if you're not one to admire the appearance of C4 and feel comfortable navigating something reminiscent of a pinball machine Mojo is more 2016.

Thank you very much for the helpful insight, indeed one of the main reason i'm going for C4 is that stunning looks and that wooden backplate is simply gorgeous. but mojo is really tempting for it's portability and can be used as a DAC on pc too if i'm on my PC. one more thing i'm concerning is about the battery life. do you by any chance still have C4 now? how is the battery life on C4? i suppose it's also fall behind mojo in the term of battery life?

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #66 of 81
Thank you very much for the helpful insight, indeed one of the main reason i'm going for C4 is that stunning looks and that wooden backplate is simply gorgeous. but mojo is really tempting for it's portability and can be used as a DAC on pc too if i'm on my PC. one more thing i'm concerning is about the battery life. do you by any chance still have C4 now? how is the battery life on C4? i suppose it's also fall behind mojo in the term of battery life?

C4 is about 6-8 hours, but more like 6. Also it's age the lithium batteries inside may be tiring. I can't recall Mojo, you'll need to look it up.

I don't have C4 any longer.

Nov 18, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #67 of 81
The C4 is in my opinion still a damn good music player. I have owned it now for years and it never let me down. The mids and high are so impossible detailed. The bass rolls of for me at the right frequence. It supports the music the way it should. Battery life hasn't deminish a bit and last for 4 to 6 hours straight. If you have the change to get one. Do it.

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #69 of 81
Hello i just got colorfly c4 with good price from ebay. Can someone tell me how to do properly with songs ion microsd. I try one big file with cue copy to card but still not working :/ need help.
Hi there Bastunas, good you bought a C4. I had problems first too with gapless play. The .wav/.cue combi works for me. Just to be sure, are you using an Apple computer? Then you must format the micro SD as a DOS FAT32 disc (and to get it even better use the little program Eject for Windows). For the audio ripping I use the application XLD. I ripped really dozens cd's with it and they all play flawless. Hope you enjoy your Colorfly C4, keep this little audio monster alive!!

Sep 24, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #70 of 81
i use foobar .Ok with tracks everything ok in player single tracks in card big + cue . now about cards only 64gb max ? i see some posts for others with 128gb have problems . maybe some solutions on this time ?

Sep 24, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #71 of 81
E94F4237-0091-4177-BA14-5FE86AB66293.jpeg
i use foobar .Ok with tracks everything ok in player single tracks in card big + cue . now about cards only 64gb max ? i see some posts for others with 128gb have problems . maybe some solutions on this time ?

I use 128Gb XC1 SanDisc, format DOS FAT32 without any problems at all

Sep 26, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #73 of 81
oh nice and really no lag or other problems ? i read old post some people have lag with 128 maybe they use cheap cards...

No lag at all. Battery life still good, though I wish I could replace it for one with more capacity. And no issues what so ever after 3 years of intensive use. Besides the known interface bugs it’s a solid machine. I never had a better portable device before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back