Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Jul 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #1,561 of 3,325
Fwiw, I just sent the below email to Colorfly...

To: Colorfly.FAQ@gmail.com
Subject: Colorfly C3 auto-resume

Hello,

I have the C3 and it is a wonderful player.

One option though that I REALLY miss is the ability for "auto-resume". When I turn off the C3 and
then turn it back on, it would be wonderful if it started playing from the same place it was at
when it was turned off.

I need to conserve the battery a lot by turning it off frequently, and it takes a long time to
get back to playing the same song.

Do you think that is a feature that you would be adding for a future firmware update? If so, that
would be great.

Other functions/options that I miss are as follows:

- ability to automatically play next folder

- playlist support

But, the "auto-resume" feature is the most important one for me, and if that alone could be
addressed, I would be very happy.

Thanks!

Jul 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #1,563 of 3,325
Quote:

I assume you are referring to Tralucent T1?

mate, you assume correctly :-D

still if you need more powerful amp to drive headphones you better ask people with experience, i am using only IEMs so cannot tell much about headphones.

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #1,565 of 3,325
Quote:

mate, you assume correctly :-D

still if you need more powerful amp to drive headphones you better ask people with experience, i am using only IEMs so cannot tell much about headphones.

Well, I do I have enough to tell them apart.

Quote:
anybody have any luck with one of smsl sap-4s with their colorfly c3?

sAp-4s is a lean and cold sounding amp. It probably not the best pairing with C3.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #1,567 of 3,325
Jul 24, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #1,568 of 3,325
Quote:
Just a question on shipping from bigbargainonline. How long did it take for you to received your C3? I'm from Canada. Thank you all!

Mine came to the US West Coast ahead of stated delivery time on the website.  

I just got back from the East Coast of the US, flying from the West Coast.  So I had approx. 4 1/2 hours per flight (X2) to listen to my C3/BH/TF10 combo.  It sounded just great!.  The TF10s really kept out the plane/engine noise.  Sound was superb and allowed me to zone out and enjoy the flight.  I usually listen while I walk, which is not the cleanest environment, sound-wise.  This really let me hear my music, and it was like listening to a decent home system through headphones.  The experience made me even happier with my C3.  

Jul 27, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #1,569 of 3,325
Received my Colorfly C3 yesterday and I'm very impress with everything so far. I know it's really early but I don't get impress that easily and the people at Colorfly knows how to put a great package together.

I like to start with the packaging. Nice classy black box with black velvet and a satin ribbon. Very nice. When I took the C3 in my hand I was shock by the weight. This thing build like a tank. Even before listening to it I was sold. I know not to good but it get better.

I connect my JVC HA-FXZ100 and play one of the song that came on the unit. Nice and clear well define sound-scape. I played with the unit for about 10 minutes to get familiarize with the interface and at first it was a bit awkward but it got better and now it's all fine with me. I can find my music no problem. The sensibility was somewhat low but after upgrading the firmware from 1.00.00.03 to 1.00.00.06 it's much better now. Just a note on the firmware upgrade. Like others said before at the end of the upgrade when it said 100% and "Restart System.." I had to push the reset button with a needle.

Now who said the C3 was laking Bass? I don't know if it's the FXZ100 but I get a full spectrum with good tight Bass. Bob Marley "Buffalo Soldier" sound sooo good.

update:  Just like to add that Cello sound so natural on the C3 / FXZ100.

Ok enough for now. This is my early impression and I think it's obvious that I'm very happy with the C3. And all this is IMHO.  
size]
 Enjoy!

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #1,571 of 3,325
I was really excited to receive my C3. The sound quality was great, but within two days I wanted throw it against the wall. The touch screen looked tarnished, so  I wiped it wit a dry glasses cloth. There was something on the forward arrow, which I thought I could flick off with my thumb nail. Big mistake! it was a dent in a ploythene film, and I had caused a mark and bubble on the screen.

Is it me? Or do I expect something a big more robust for a higher than £100 player. Now everytime I use it, I have a great sounding piece of kit that looks like s***. 

I forgave the unresponsive touch screen, the lack of categoristaion features, because it sounded it good, but come on a touch screen that looked wrecked in two days. 

Regret, is not a comfortable feeling, but Colorfly will not feature on any shopping list in the future.

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #1,572 of 3,325
Quote:
I was really excited to receive my C3. The sound quality was great, but within two days I wanted throw it against the wall. The touch screen looked tarnished, so  I wiped it wit a dry glasses cloth. There was something on the forward arrow, which I thought I could flick off with my thumb nail. Big mistake! it was a dent in a ploythene film, and I had caused a mark and bubble on the screen.

Is it me? Or do I expect something a big more robust for a higher than £100 player. Now everytime I use it, I have a great sounding piece of kit that looks like s***. 

I forgave the unresponsive touch screen, the lack of categoristaion features, because it sounded it good, but come on a touch screen that looked wrecked in two days. 

Regret, is not a comfortable feeling, but Colorfly will not feature on any shopping list in the future.

??? Did you actually remove the film that covers the front coz you're pretty much supposed to

Jul 27, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #1,573 of 3,325
That is supposed to be just a glass screen without that plastic coating like Kova mentioned also.
ph34r.gif

That plastic film is there only for shipping and manufacturing purposes.
get rid of it.
Get a real screen protector later that is meant for touchscreens if is bugs you but that glass is very scratch resisitant I have found anyhow.

Jul 27, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #1,574 of 3,325
That is supposed to be just a glass screen without that plastic coating like Kova mentioned also.:ph34r:
That plastic film is there only for shipping and manufacturing purposes.
get rid of it.
Get a real screen protector later that is meant for touchscreens if is bugs you but that glass is very scratch resisitant I have found anyhow.

My C3 came with two screen protector. I have not installed one yet but will later.

Also regarding the unresponsive screen. Did you upgrade your firmware to the latest 1.00.00.06? You can find it on colorfly.net

Jul 27, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #1,575 of 3,325
Any potential downsides to upgrading?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back