Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Jan 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #333 of 3,325
Quote:
Haven't asked, giving them a few more days as I had bought mine just under three days ago. I'm more of after those who bought it when it was cheaper, which was only two-four people from the Head-Fi community, as there's should've been shipped since it's been 3 days+.

The genuine C3 is a very excellent DAP. In term of sound quality, it is far better than ipod and sanza fuse.
So don't worry. It is very easy for you to determine the C3 you bought is genuine or counterfeit (imitation/fake) by comparing it with ipod or sansa fuze.
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #334 of 3,325
I got the one off ebay for 40 bucks, it was shipped out. I'll post some pictures when I recieve it for comparison, see if we got a good deal or not...

One question I have is, can the c3 be opened easily? I'd imagine a quick way to see if it's genuine is to look at the internals.

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #336 of 3,325
I find it funny if it is a fake, because it would still have to be a dap. Seems kinda silly to go through the trouble of making a fake c3 and using a lower quality audio processing chip just to save a few bucks, but we shall see. The other interesting thing is this seller accepts returns within 14 days which is odd for a knockoff retailer.

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #337 of 3,325
C3 is very easy to open.

You will need a screw driver such found for opening Nokia cell phones. Looks like this.....

(You can succeed with a normal flat head but be very careful not to strip the screws)

On the back there are four screws.

After removing all screws C3's backplate simply comes away from the casing, there's no tape or tabs keeping it secure and should just fall away from the housing.

Inside a genuine C3 should look like this.

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #338 of 3,325
Well, I do not own such a screw driver like the one H20Fidelity recommended, so seeing that around 20 of us got the C3 from that dealer, it would be greatly appreciated if one of you's could open it and show us the interior, as all of ours would be identical. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #339 of 3,325
I've had one of these for a few weeks. Purchased from bigbargainonline via ebay. Arrived in a few days nicely packaged.
I've been using it fairly intensely this week due to a boring work task which can only be acheived with music playing!

Really like the sound, clean and great instrument separation. I have a Cowon x7 which probably has more "presence" and of course a massive 160 GB capacity but it just too big to carry around in my opinon. Great for the gym though using the bluetooth.

I've played around with a few of the EQ settings but find that normal suits me fine. I'm mainly listening through a pair of Fischer Consonance iems. Other headphones are a bit too nerdy for me at work.

A slight difference between FLAC and MP3 at 320 kbps but not enough to justify the space taken. Having said that I have ripped a few of my favourite albums to FLAC for my own amusement.

That little pop was a bit annoying and I must admit I don't see why clorfly can't fix it, but my brain has adjusted and I really don't notice it now. No real probs with the UI.  The only thing I can't seem to do is turn of the shuffle/random mode, at least not without activating another play mode.Apart from normal that is.
Anyone able to help?

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #340 of 3,325
Go into the Repeat mode settings and change it to "All". Each song in a folder, will play once in order.

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #341 of 3,325
Quote:
I've had one of these for a few weeks. Purchased from bigbargainonline via ebay. Arrived in a few days nicely packaged.
I've been using it fairly intensely this week due to a boring work task which can only be acheived with music playing!

Really like the sound, clean and great instrument separation. I have a Cowon x7 which probably has more "presence" and of course a massive 160 GB capacity but it just too big to carry around in my opinon. Great for the gym though using the bluetooth.

I've played around with a few of the EQ settings but find that normal suits me fine. I'm mainly listening through a pair of Fischer Consonance iems. Other headphones are a bit too nerdy for me at work.

A slight difference between FLAC and MP3 at 320 kbps but not enough to justify the space taken. Having said that I have ripped a few of my favourite albums to FLAC for my own amusement.

That little pop was a bit annoying and I must admit I don't see why clorfly can't fix it, but my brain has adjusted and I really don't notice it now. No real probs with the UI.  The only thing I can't seem to do is turn of the shuffle/random mode, at least not without activating another play mode.Apart from normal that is.
Anyone able to help?

I guess the storage space is not an issue since you can use external micro SD card to store all your favorite songs. I have no problem with the 32 GB but never tried on 64 GB. 

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #343 of 3,325
I have just bought a C3 and, on the strength of one album, was very pleased with the sound of it. But then I tried to upgrade the firmware to 1.0.0.3 and the damned thing has frozen on the "Restart" screen. I can't turn it off, reset it (I have tried poking a paperclip in the reset hole) or use any of the functions. It just sits there glaring at me!

Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did they resolve it? At the moment all I can do is wait for the battery to die and see if it will reboot. Amazing how long the battery lasts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back