Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Jan 25, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #346 of 3,325
If that doesn't work and you're handy with a soldering iron, follow the guide, open up the player and unsolder one of the battery terminals briefly. If not, I don't know what else you can try.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/637417/colorfly-c3-appreciation-and-discussion-thread/330#post_9091913

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #347 of 3,325
or try recharging it  it might bring up the active screen. Often also that tiny reset button needs to be exactly clicked and held for a bit.

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #348 of 3,325
I don't have a soldering iron (probably just as well as I am messy with a tube of glue) and I have plugged the USB back in to no effect so far. However I will try both of your suggestions and see if that sorts it out. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I am itching to try some more music on it and it is frustrating to have this issue come up so soon. The unit feels weighty and well built and as I say, Simon & Garfunkel, sounded really clear and spacious yesterday. I really want to hear how Pet Sounds sounds.

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #349 of 3,325
All

Thank you. Problem solved. I held down the power button and walked around a bit until I noticed the power had indeed gone off. On rebooting it was all ok, latest firmware and all the buttons seem to work. I have now loaded some music and look forward to listening to it. Impressions to follow.

Thanks again

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #353 of 3,325
Solved go HERE

An update to my C3 not having .flac files show up in the menu (I have to rename them to .fla to get them to show up)

I copied some .flac files from my MacBook and they show up, no rename needed. The Windows 7 box must be doing something to the extensions when it copies them.

I thought my C3 was borked but it is some whackass windows thing I have installed or something. Further investigation is needed... :confused:

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #355 of 3,325
I buy a 2 pack for the iPad for $2.99
And cut them to size, it does an adequate job.

We should look into a group buy from the people who will cut custom sized ones. :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #356 of 3,325
Hi guys!

I need to get a pair of iem for my colorfly c3.

I listen to all kinds of music and do not want any special feature like bass head from the iems. Just need good clean sound.

My list is:

Shure se 215
Yamaha eph 100
VSonic GR01

Jan 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #357 of 3,325
consider the warranty and/or return policies for them also.

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #358 of 3,325
Hi guys!

I listen to all kinds of music and do not want any special feature like bass head from the iems. Just need good clean sound.

My list is:

Shure se 215
Yamaha eph 100
VSonic GR01

Please consider the monster gratitude on that list. I picked a new set up for £50 on ebay. Difficult to fault for iems.

Jan 26, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #359 of 3,325
Quote:
Hi guys!

My list is:

Shure se 215
Yamaha eph 100
VSonic GR01

The synergy between Colorfly C3 and Shure SE215 is very excellent!
I'm not sure about the others two mentioned IEMs

Jan 27, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #360 of 3,325
Quote:
Hi guys!

My list is:

Shure se 215
Yamaha eph 100
VSonic GR01

Starcratf, i do not think Shure se215 would do C3 a justice. i also doubt you will get all benefits of C3 sound with dynamic drivers which se215 and GR01 are... i think C3 needs balanced armature drivers to reveal real music nirvana. but this is only MHO.

Funnily selecting in-ears monitors is not so easy. I have Shure se215 and they pair nicely with my lovely Cowon S9, really se215 adds such a good synergy to S9 to make this player literally sing so i would not trade them for any other earphone on my S9. BUT.......... then comes different story of C3.

...when I plugged my loved se215 into C3 I immediately noticed some sound quality loss a bit. i was very surprised and so i took C3 again and plugged my brandnew Musical Fidelity EB50 single armature monitors... WOW... Vola to my own surprise... the sound came crystal clear, very detailed, open and nicely layered and stage opened up. from this i concluded that C3 perhaps likes armature balanced drivers more than dynamic drivers which se215 are. my Musical Fidelity are single armature but IMO performs better than many dual armature earphones. MF really does a great job and i fully recommend them. HOWEVER, one consideration you need to make. if you will use single armature balanced earphones with C3 you perhaps will also need to add a good amplifier for bass boost with which you will gain bass body (C3 details bass very nicely but lacks a bit of bodily sound in lower registers). in my case i took Digizoid because of its portable size and because i need only bass booster and not some amping. till now i find sound excellent and worth a very good hifi setup. so i miss my sonus fabers tube setup at work less and less since i have C3 with MF and Zo2 :)

all in all selecting setup for C3 is more difficult than for Cowon IMHO, C3 in this regard is more akin high-end where you carefully choose every component to reveal true sound of expensive musical rig.

PS: you won't believe but when i plugged Musical Fidelity earphones into S9 what i got was pretty mechanical digital and unpleasant sound. even EQ won't help to cure that. so this experience just confirms what i found. Cowons like dynamic drivers earbuds and C3 prefers balanced armature drivers :))) IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back