Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Dec 29, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #181 of 3,325
Well, I guess it's plausable. That has to be the first. Anyway, I thought you liked the CK4 - is it the sd card issue and the limited storage due to it or just its sound signature?

I think it would pair nicely with warmer IEM's, surely advanced in many area's over C3, though it's presentation is little iffy, very mid centric the low end feels lacking with my T-Peos H-100 from headphone out. It's very nice at lower volumes, airy, wide, very spacious experience. though It feels like they need to lift the bass by about 1db. Raising the volume to compensate starts thinning out the mids and becomes brittle, you become flooded with so much clarity your ears almost bleed. The line out is pure though.

So I sit there staring at the ceiling pulling one of these faces most of the time.

It's the storage problem that's killing it though. It just feels like the player is only 75% complete or something.

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #182 of 3,325
The problem might have been in the H-100 not sounding its best at higher volumes and the smoother presentation of the c3 just fixing that issue. A good warm amp out of the line out might fix that too. LOL at the face, I was making the same face lately when I was listening to my gr07 on the c3. It did sound fine but not at its best and I realised that because of that the gr07 is sitting and collecting dust, so I actually cracked and sold it as I won't be selling my c3 anytime soon. I see you're still sticking to that H-100 despite all the negative comments it got during the eke's tour. Maybe they needed a c3 with it 
biggrin.gif
. My new jvc s500 sounds pretty good with the c3 though. I also flipped when the meelec a161p finally came back in stock after all those months at that great price, so had to order that too - I've been missing that sound so much. I'm still interested in hybrids but more in v7007 rather than in the new t-peos H-200.

edit: btw with the X3 getting closer and closer to its release I predict that the colorfly threads will die. It's a shame but it seems that most people want fancy features

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #184 of 3,325
Yeah my C3's not going anywhere, keeper for sure, I enjoy her direct from the headphone out with H-100, it's a special combo, one that certainly earn't respect. There's a few others have that pairing. nick n seems to really enjoy it.....

I have this amp on it's way for CK4 and HM-601's line outs. Let's see if we clean CK4 up. The T-Peo's pairs well with 601 alone.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251050614620?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Same, I sold my GR07 and TF10 not long after buying H-100 and have no regrets, there's a small party of H-100 fans, just not as many as I originally thought. :D Saved me lots of money though and I haven't bought another IEM since. :smile: I only have one IEM and about 9 sources lol. Check my profile. :wink: H-200 will be next.

I think next year H-200, V7007 and X3 will be my purchases, then I must call it quits, because it's becoming to expensive. I'm not 100% sold on how X3 is going to sound, FiiO are pretty good, however I have doubts for some reason. Hopefully it's just a nice musical player with a touch of everything.

It sure has some high expectation to fill.

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #185 of 3,325
LOl It's McKayla Maroney with her stupid "not impressed" face. You probably saw that pgoto during the Olympics - it was a big hit for some reason.

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #186 of 3,325
Quote:
Same, I sold my GR07 and TF10 not long after buying H-100 and have no regrets, there's a small party of H-100 fans, just not as many as I originally thought.
biggrin.gif
Saved me lots of money though and I haven't bought another IEM since.
smile.gif
I only have one IEM and about 9 sources lol. Check my profile.
wink.gif
H-200 will be next.
I think next year H-200, V7007 and X3 will be my purchases, then I must call it quits, because it's becoming to expensive. I'm not 100% sold on how X3 is going to sound, FiiO are pretty good, however I have doubts for some reason. Hopefully it's just a nice musical player with a touch of everything.
It sure has some high expectation to fill.

Well, I realised that actually the a161p and the shure sound is probably what I prefer the most on the go, so I'm going back to it. I wouldn't bet on you calling it quits after those 3. That's what is coming out only till Spring but who knows what else will come till the end of the year. With JVC picking their game and the new fxz100 and 200 being the latest FOTM and insanely hyped and other companies releasing cheap hybrids like the new maxell dba700 for instance, it will be very hard at least for me to stay away from head-fi and keep my money.
As far as the X3, it seems like the have-it-all-for-cheap DAP. It pretty much depends how its UI will pan out as it has a decent hardware and the line out and digital out will enable you to just buy a separate DAC and change the sound instead of not keeping it if you don't like its sound

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #188 of 3,325
Quote:
compre un colorfly c3 pero se escucha muy bajo el volume alguien sabe por que

translated as :
bought a c3 colorfly but listens very low volume anyone know why.

What are you listening with ?

What headphones ?

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #189 of 3,325
I was going to get the Hifiman HM-601 but I think I'm going to save $100 and get the C3 which from everything I've read on them are a good DAP.  I know they don't have a big bass sound but with my E11 I should be able to get plenty.

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #191 of 3,325
I was going to get the Hifiman HM-601 but I think I'm going to save $100 and get the C3 which from everything I've read on them are a good DAP.  I know they don't have a big bass sound but with my E11 I should be able to get plenty.

If you amp it you'll be fine. I think both are good players, Probably a wise decision there. You can have the best of both worlds as it sounds great from HO too.

Dec 30, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #192 of 3,325
In my mind it's best for me to stick to a decent player, then afterwards add and toy around with amps  depending on what I need or desire or like whatever.

Dec 30, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #193 of 3,325
Quote:

What have made you changing your buying  decision from Hifiman HM-601 to Colorfly C3? Why RoCoo P was not in your consideration?
I'm just curious.:)

Dec 30, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #194 of 3,325
In my mind it's best for me to stick to a decent player, then afterwards add and toy around with amps  depending on what I need or desire or like whatever.

I wish C3 supported a true line out. :wink: Another line out jack on the other side! That would of been excellent, I just feel I'm doing it wrong when double amping.

One of the reasons I lean towards HM-601. :devil_face:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back