Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Dec 26, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #152 of 3,325
Quote:
Right, but sound quality isn't on the Clips side and that's what i want.

I don't think the WS55 is detailed enough for you to hear any difference between the Clip and the C3, to be honest. ( I own the WS55)

Anyways, that wasn't my point in making that post. It was not meant to be a Clip recommendation, it was just for the purpose of comparing the output power of the two devices.

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #153 of 3,325
Quote:
Congrats TrollDragon, I hope you enjoy it.
When you first boot the player up look when you choose Internal or TF, it say's "Interal" lol
All good though! Gives the player style! I love it even more!
biggrin.gif

If this was a HiSound, Stozzer would be all over them, LOL. I never mind these little quirks.
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #154 of 3,325
Ok what am I missing here, I copied a pile of flac's 16/44.1 to the C3 (which takes forever, got to get a class 10 uSD to load up outside the C3) and the Dir's are all listed but not a file shows up in any Dir.

Do the flac's need any "special" encoding? Or set parameters, I use dbamp for conversion.

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Dec 26, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #155 of 3,325
Now I've copied the Sample FLAC's back to the C3 into a directory named FLAC and they don't show up for play either, very strange...
Also copying to this unit transfers data really slowly @ 1.8 MB/s is this normal or have I got a bad unit?
frown.gif

Thanks!

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #156 of 3,325
Upadate / Workaround...

I flashed the firmware from the EU download site.
After the flash, FLAC files will not be detected anymore, I don't advise anyone do this.
You have to rename all your FLAC's to FLA to have them playable again.
(Slow file copy was a funny port on the computer...)
I have emailed the TechSupport about a fix but I don't think there will be one, could be wrong though. :)

Found my answers with a little search in this thread. :)
Colorfly C3 Review

beerchug.gif

Dec 26, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #157 of 3,325
Edit: What does all the repeats mean? Cheers.

Once: Play a single file
Repeat : Repeat a single file
All: Play all files in a folder once
All Repeat: Repeat all files in a folder (loop)
Intro: Play the first 10 seconds of each file in a folder

Last night I had an awesome experience using FiiO E5 with my Colorfly C3. If you want to transform your C3 into "Nightclub C3 mode" set the players volume to 37/40 then use your E5's volume control. What you get is a mix of that balanced audiophile flavour from the player and fun signature present in E5. Stage is slightly wider, stereo seems to improve a touch and I was noticing more depth in the centre channel, meanwhile separation doesn't take a hit and H-100 was soaking it up enjoying the extra power. I think you might be pretty happy with the results. :wink:

Put that E5 you have there to good use. :L3000:

McMess Hi all
Can you tell me if C3 feed my Ath-WS55 headphones? I worry about it because output power is only 13mW per channel.

Your Ath-WS55 are 40ohms. I can run Sony MDR-V6 from C3 very well, and they're 63ohms.

You should be fine.

Also copying to this unit transfers data really slowly @ 1.8 MB/s is this normal or have I got a bad unit? :frowning2:

That's normal mate. I highly recommend to others for their first transfer to use a card reader.

It's a little slow from the player using USB. (especially for FLAC)

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #158 of 3,325
Quote:
That's normal mate. I highly recommend to others for their first transfer to use a card reader.
It's a little slow from the player using USB. (especially for FLAC)

Thank you good sir a card reader definitely will come into play.
beerchug.gif

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #159 of 3,325
Converting all my 24/96 audio to 24/48 Wav with Cue for the C3.
Sounds amazing and works incredibly well.
beerchug.gif

Dec 27, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #160 of 3,325
@H20. Sorry I could not quote, this stupid glitch happened when I tried to quote your post. 

So does it dampen the highs a little? Or even better, brings out the mids even more? Might try to get my E5 and try it. 
I'm no audiophile which is why I cant really tell if the mids are more present on the C3 than on the S9. I have been using my C3 for a few weeks now and have gotten quite use to it although a lot of things are bothering me about it and am wanting to just leap for the J3.

And is there a way to disable the back button when its in locked mode? Stupid C3 has a resistive touchscreen and any object in my pocket or even my naked pocket itself can easily trigger the back button and then pause, rewind, skip, etc songs. Happens to me heaps! Wish it was either just a capacitive touchscreen or disabled the back button to unlock the C3. As I stated before, some songs takes up to 20 seconds to play and skip to the next track, its really weird. Dont know if it is these problems or I'm just a person who prefers bigger, capacitive players. 
redface.gif

Dec 27, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #161 of 3,325
@H20. Sorry I could not quote, this stupid glitch happened when I tried to quote your post. 

So does it dampen the highs a little? Or even better, brings out the mids even more? Might try to get my E5 and try it. 
I'm no audiophile which is why I cant really tell if the mids are more present on the C3 than on the S9. I have been using my C3 for a few weeks now and have gotten quite use to it although a lot of things are bothering me about it and am wanting to just leap for the J3.

And is there a way to disable the back button when its in locked mode? Stupid C3 has a resistive touchscreen and any object in my pocket or even my naked pocket itself can easily trigger the back button and then pause, rewind, skip, etc songs. Happens to me heaps! Wish it was either just a capacitive touchscreen or disabled the back button to unlock the C3. As I stated before, some songs takes up to 20 seconds to play and skip to the next track, its really weird. Dont know if it is these problems or I'm just a person who prefers bigger, capacitive players. :xf_eek:

it actually does tame the highs a little, I would of prefered it the other way round. Strange because amping my CK4 is oppsite, the highs come out. I highly recommend you try it though and tell your thoughts. Try with the E5 before you get J3, I thought this E5/C3 scenario up for you! Turn the bass boost on and watch the C3 turn into night club mode!

Dude, I have mine locked now and no buttons work when it's locked. After I swipe the screen nothing works until I press the power button and unlock the player. Yep just tried it again, nothing works when the player is locked. Your C3 is weird dude. All this little problems.... :tongue_smile:

Remember to lock the player, press the power button > then swipe your finger across the touch pad.

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #162 of 3,325
Quote:
it actually does tame the highs a little, I would of prefered it the other way round. Strange because amping my CK4 is oppsite, the highs come out. I highly recommend you try it though and tell your thoughts. Try with the E5 before you get J3, I thought this E5/C3 scenario up for you! Turn the bass boost on and watch the C3 turn into night club mode!
Dude, I have mine locked now and no buttons work when it's locked. After I swipe the screen nothing works until I press the power button and unlock the player. Yep just tried it again, nothing works when the player is locked. Your C3 is weird dude. All this little problems....
tongue_smile.gif

Remember to lock the player, press the power button > then swipe your finger across the touch pad.

I dont know why but my E5 makes my source distort when its on bass boost mode. 

Does the back button work? I press the power button to lock it then I either press the back button or swipe it to unlock it, I never press the power button before unlocking it. 
Also, when I first unboxed my C3, it had finger prints and a few hair line scratches on the film on the screen, feeling like merock sold me a faulty one... Hmmm. 
frown.gif

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #163 of 3,325
I dont know why but my E5 makes my source distort when its on bass boost mode. 

Does the back button work? I press the power button to lock it then I either press the back button or swipe it to unlock it, I never press the power button before unlocking it. 
Also, when I first unboxed my C3, it had finger prints and a few hair line scratches on the film on the screen, feeling like merock sold me a faulty one... Hmmm. :frowning2:

Nothing works when it's locked. You are pressing the power button then swiping across the screen to lock it yes? The little padlock icon will change from open to closed. Pressing the power button alone will not do anything. All pressing the power button does is bring up the swipe screen to complete the lock. You must first press the power button then swipe your finger across the to lock the keypad.

There's no way you can unlock it without pressing the power button first then swiping again.

I don't think you're even locking the keypad, only pressing the power button assuming it's locked?

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #164 of 3,325
Quote:
Nothing works when it's locked. You are pressing the power button then swiping across the screen to lock it yes? The little padlock icon will change from open to closed. Pressing the power button alone will not do anything. All pressing the power button does is bring up the swipe screen to complete the lock. You must first press the power button then swipe your finger across the screen to lock the keypad.
There's no way you can unlock it without pressing the power button first then swiping again.
I don't think you're even locking the keypad, only pressing the power button assuming it's locked?

So how do you lock it then? I lock it by just pressing the power button, is that wrong? I also never press the power button before unlocking it.

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #165 of 3,325
Press the power button then swipe across the keypad like it shows on the screen from left to right.

Do the same thing to unlock it.

Stozzer does it at 0.54 in his video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g2Jr45QHWk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back