Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Dec 23, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #138 of 3,325
For all the discussion of alphabetical arrangement of files on the Colorfly C3, let me give a rather simple suggestion.  The Colorfly C3 is very similar to the Telclast T51 (Sflo2) in this regard.  The files arrange naturally BY TIME based on when they are added to your micro sd card (sorry but I haven't actually loaded any music to the internal memory yet but I assume it does the same) and not BY ALPHABETICAL ORDER.  To get around this and organize my albums under ARTISTS in alphabetical order, I use the program DRIVE SORT.   Once you have an artist in the list, any subsequent albums by that artist will then fall into the ARTIST folder again based on TIME.  If you do want to arrange albums under each ARTIST aphabetically, Drive Sort can do this too (I think it is under subfiles heading or something like that).  I don't try to arrange the music under the ARTIST alphabetically so I don't do this final step.  In any event, DRIVE SORT works really well and will cure many headaches...  For more complete discussion of DRIVE SORT for this use, please go to the old Nationite MP4 forum.  Look up the old threads on the Sflo2; a fellow there that used the moniker Madarin 1 did an excellent job providing very useful, practical information.  Good luck and enjoy the music.

Dec 24, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #139 of 3,325
Hi there, glad you're enjoying your C3.
The option you want is indeed in the repeat menu, instead of selecting "Repeat All" Select "All"
By choosing All each file within a folder will play only once. :smile:

Ah - excellent stuff! Many thanks for the assistance & the welcome! I just realised that my 'test' for that feature even failed when testing 'All' because it comprised going straight to the last file, playing it, & seeing what happened thereafter. Ordinarily, if it is meant to stop after playing the album/file - then it would stop at that point. But it clearly takes 'All' literally, & will play the whole folder even if I started half-way through.

Also - I love their mis-spelling of Internal without the 'n'. If it wasn't for this place, thay type of error would have made me think that the entire product was ramshackle!

Lastly - are the Sennheiser CX300II's grossly underworthy of the C3? I'm personally very happy with them - but am I missing a major trick here at all?

Dec 24, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #140 of 3,325
Lastly - are the Sennheiser CX300II's grossly underworthy of the C3? I'm personally very happy with them - but am I missing a major trick here at all?

I think you're limiting the players performance with something like CX300ii, SQ will always come down to your weakest link. The biggest upgrade in sound quality usually comes from better headphone/IEM. Owning CX300ii in the past there are better alternatives, something like SoundMAGIC E10 for $35 would be considered an upgrade over the Sennheisers or Visang RO2 would be decent. If you wanted to spend a little more, over say $120 - $150 T-Peos H-100 Hyrbrid is an excellent pairing for C3 and what I use fulltime with the player.

Dec 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #141 of 3,325
.Also - I love their mis-spelling of Internal without the 'n'. If it wasn't for this place, thay type of error would have made me think that the entire product was ramshackle!

Haha, I just noticed this!! I never saw it before. Check out your C3's guy's! It's misspelt!! :D

How....how can these company's make such good sounding players and leave little string untied. ?

Dec 25, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #142 of 3,325
you know I never noticed that one. Too focussed and blissed otu during testing these i bet... Aynohw you konw tehy say popele can fgruie out words so long as the frist and lsat two letters are intact.

Dec 25, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #143 of 3,325
double post srry

Dec 25, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #144 of 3,325
you know I never noticed that one. Too focussed and blissed otu during testing these i bet... Aynohw you konw tehy say popele can fgruie out words so long as the frist and lsat two letters are intact.

That's probably why I never noticed it, I do find it amusing though. We can thankful the player does anything!! lol

Who ever was in control of the build quality sure knew what he was doing though!

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #145 of 3,325
Boo yeah it's about damn time... C3 is in da House!
biggrin.gif

Time to load it up with some silky smooth goodness!

Sorry for the LQ photo...

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #147 of 3,325
Boo yeah it's about damn time... C3 is in da House! :D
Time to load it up with some silky smooth goodness!

Sorry for the LQ photo...

Congrats TrollDragon, I hope you enjoy it.

What do you mean there is a typo? Internals though right? Too scared to do that but everything externally is correctamundo. 

When you first boot the player up look when you choose Internal or TF, it say's "Interal" lol

All good though! Gives the player style! I love it even more! :D

Dec 26, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #148 of 3,325
Quote:
Congrats TrollDragon, I hope you enjoy it.
When you first boot the player up look when you choose Internal or TF, it say's "Interal" lol
All good though! Gives the player style! I love it even more! 

HAHA! Just saw it, had to boot up my C3 again. Never used internal because it has does not have enough space for my collection. Thats awesome! Interal haha

Edit: What does all the repeats mean? Cheers.

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #150 of 3,325
Quote:
Hi all
Can you tell me if C3 feed my Ath-WS55 headphones? I worry about it because output power is only 13mW per channel.

A rockboxed Clip+/Clip Zip will feed the WS55 just fine. But I've heard the C3 has a little bit less output power than the Clip......not sure how much of a difference it is though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back