Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Dec 20, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #121 of 3,325
slightly corrupt files from a bad transfer at some point?  try to get that exact same file again and try maybe, if that's possible

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #123 of 3,325
wierd and on both players too right.

Dec 21, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #125 of 3,325
Where did you get the file from? What bit depth is it 16bit or 24bit, FLAC or 320kbps?

Check the file format. Same thing happens to me trying to play 24bit FLAC files which both S9 and C3 cannot play.

Dec 21, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #129 of 3,325
Quote:
HI everyone, anyone has the same problem as me? On some albums for me, if you go into the album and try to play any song in that album my C3 and this even applied for my S9, it will just freeze and after about 10 seconds it will turn off unless you hold the play/pause button then the song you clicked on will play... Its weird. If you skip to the next track, same thing. On my S9, if you clicked play on a song, the album artwork will take 5 seconds to show up then the song will play. Just on the same albums... Maybe something wrong with the album? Its House of Balloons by The Weeknd. 

Dude - you've got your C3's 'Repeat' option set to 'Intro' (sounds like possibly).

Question for the masses and indeed H2O if the best person to ask - I'm used to all the quirks and foibles of the C3 (had it a day now), and love the comparisons to tape era - that is mine.

I have no culture-shift issues, as have never had an iPod or whatnot - I've basically come from CDs.

So the question is - does the C3 seriously not allow for the playing of one single folder ('album') and then simply 'Stop' at the end of it??!!  All those options in the Repeat menu, and none that seem to allow for playing one album at a time (certainly - one song then stop - but not the whole album). The thing is - I would have liked to go to sleep with one album playing, but the darn thing will seek out the next Folder ('album') and therefore play through everything on the machine!  I guess this need is unqiue to seeking to fall asleep to music - but surely I'm missing something - especially with the whole old-fashioned user-interface principles going on.

The only extremely awkward work-around I can think of is to have most of my stuff on say the micro SD card - and just the night-time's selected album on the internal memory - meaning that that will be all there is there for it to play.  VERY clunky, though, and forces me to keep 95% of 8GB empty!

P.S. I'm running my C3 on Sennheiser's CX300II's - and it drives them fine (16 Ohms). I think I need my music quite loud - and it's bordering at too loud even on 30 sometimes.

Hello Everybody, by the way!

Arif

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #130 of 3,325
Really hoping I can get some feedback on this since older thread was locked.  I bought a 64GB SD card for the C3 which I've heard works with it but it only seems to recognize 30 GB.

System info on Colorfly C3 says: 1.00.00.03 , 20120209.  I assume I'm on the latest firmware? If not can anyone link an update?

I've formated the card to FAT32 and it shows the full 64GB available.  But when I connect to the card through the C3 it only shows 30GB available.  Any suggestions?

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #131 of 3,325
Quote:
Really hoping I can get some feedback on this since older thread was locked.  I bought a 64GB SD card for the C3 which I've heard works with it but it only seems to recognize 30 GB.

System info on Colorfly C3 says: 1.00.00.03 , 20120209.  I assume I'm on the latest firmware? If not can anyone link an update?

I've formated the card to FAT32 and it shows the full 64GB available.  But when I connect to the card through the C3 it only shows 30GB available.  Any suggestions?

Found answer to my problem I believe.  I downloaded the firmware (which was same version as I already had) and applied it.  It must have reset the sd card recognition/configuration because now the full 64GB shows.  I'll have to fill it up first to be sure.

Dec 21, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #132 of 3,325
Quote:

Dude - you've got your C3's 'Repeat' option set to 'Intro' (sounds like possibly).

Question for the masses and indeed H2O if the best person to ask - I'm used to all the quirks and foibles of the C3 (had it a day now), and love the comparisons to tape era - that is mine.

I have no culture-shift issues, as have never had an iPod or whatnot - I've basically come from CDs.

So the question is - does the C3 seriously not allow for the playing of one single folder ('album') and then simply 'Stop' at the end of it??!!  All those options in the Repeat menu, and none that seem to allow for playing one album at a time (certainly - one song then stop - but not the whole album). The thing is - I would have liked to go to sleep with one album playing, but the darn thing will seek out the next Folder ('album') and therefore play through everything on the machine!  I guess this need is unqiue to seeking to fall asleep to music - but surely I'm missing something - especially with the whole old-fashioned user-interface principles going on.

The only extremely awkward work-around I can think of is to have most of my stuff on say the micro SD card - and just the night-time's selected album on the internal memory - meaning that that will be all there is there for it to play.  VERY clunky, though, and forces me to keep 95% of 8GB empty!

P.S. I'm running my C3 on Sennheiser's CX300II's - and it drives them fine (16 Ohms). I think I need my music quite loud - and it's bordering at too loud even on 30 sometimes.

Arif

Nah man, it was set on repeat, although I changed it to once. It can play the album but when you play any song from that album, it takes roughly 10 - 15 seconds to play and if you spam the buttons it will restart the device... Weird huh. On my S9, that exact album had a delay at showing the album artwork and the song. 

Dec 21, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #134 of 3,325

Arif

Hi there, glad you're enjoying your C3.

The option you want is indeed in the repeat menu, instead of selecting "Repeat All" Select "All"

By choosing All each file within a folder will play only once. :smile:

Dec 21, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #135 of 3,325
Thanks for that H20 I never bothered with it that way, now I will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back