Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Jan 12, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #286 of 3,325

Just for sharing.

I found there are several of noise filter/isolator being sold in ebay/amazon.
I'm not sure if it can futher improve the source from headphone out if "double amp" is necessary.

1) Pyle PLGI35T 3.5 mm/1/8-Inch Stereo Audio Ground Loop Isolator
2) PAC Ground Loop Isolator for 3.5 MM (approx. $11)
3) Kensington Noise Reducing Car Audio AUX (approx. $12)
4) JB.lab NF35 - 3.5mm Ground Loop Isolator Noise Filter (approx. $15)

31InZ072qQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
416ZLyfET8L._SS500_.jpg

$(KGrHqR,!j!F!eQkRZhUBQR+QS1TRQ~~60_35.JPG

Jan 13, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #287 of 3,325
I got some earphones in today which I've had before owning C3 however, these Kilpsch X10 pair particularly well for me with Colorfly C3. Good bass, airy, decent width and detailing levels. Probably one of the nicest pairings I've heard so far.

Jan 15, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #288 of 3,325
I got my C3 today. I can call myself a noob in audio, but I'll post my first impressions - 2h of use.

I bought it from bigbargains on ebay. It came very well packed. The box it comes in is very nice imo and looks professional. The device came with a thin protector screen. Mine was quite sratched. Which made me think it was used before. Cannot know for sure. There were also a few songs on the device (lady gaga, jay z, radio stuff). A bit weird as I was expecting to be empty. :) Anyway...these doesn't bother me too much as long as the player is not defect and it works properly. I really like the look and the feel of it.

Regarding UI, I got used with it in the first 10min. I really don't understand people who complain about it. It has everything I need, it's simple, with no complex-useless features. The buttons are indeed a bit tricky and sometimes seem not to work as you wish, but I guess I have to get used...maybe press a bit harder. Connecting to PC and moving FLACs on it worked flawlessly. Player read everything on it. I am very pleased.

Sound...well, I don't know how to describe, as I didn't make reviews. Shortly, I would describe it as CLEAN. My very first impression when I played the first song was quite a good one. I was liking what I was hearing (and still am :) ). I am using AKG K518le, which are considered bass heavy. I think the combination is quite good. The player is slightly bright or maybe this is my first impression coming from an iRiver Spinn. I have to admit though, that when I compare them side to side, same FLAC songs...they sound pretty similar. I was expecting slightly more difference though. I'm talking for both with neutral EQ. I haven't compared them with other EQ. C3's sound is slightly cleaner and more detailed, but improvement is not huge. I changed to rock settings and the sound is a lot different, but I haven't analyzed it more. Will do later. I find it a bit better, but the highs are too harsh and loud for me. Otherwise, by a quick skip through all the EQ settings they sound quite different, compared to what someone said that there's no much difference.

Well...that's it for the moment. I don't have any other things in mind that should be said. Maybe I would have liked A BIT more bass, but I have to check also other settings first.

Short conclusion....Great little device!

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #289 of 3,325
I got my C3 today. I can call myself a noob in audio, but I'll post my first impressions - 2h of use.

I bought it from bigbargains on ebay. It came very well packed. The box it comes in is very nice imo and looks professional. The device came with a thin protector screen. Mine was quite sratched. Which made me think it was used before. Cannot know for sure. There were also a few songs on the device (lady gaga, jay z, radio stuff). A bit weird as I was expecting to be empty. :) Anyway...these doesn't bother me too much as long as the player is not defect and it works properly. I really like the look and the feel of it.

Regarding UI, I got used with it in the first 10min. I really don't understand people who complain about it. It has everything I need, it's simple, with no complex-useless features. The buttons are indeed a bit tricky and sometimes seem not to work as you wish, but I guess I have to get used...maybe press a bit harder. Connecting to PC and moving FLACs on it worked flawlessly. Player read everything on it. I am very pleased.

Sound...well, I don't know how to describe, as I didn't make reviews. Shortly, I would describe it as CLEAN. My very first impression when I played the first song was quite a good one. I was liking what I was hearing (and still am :) ). I am using AKG K518le, which are considered bass heavy. I think the combination is quite good. The player is slightly bright or maybe this is my first impression coming from an iRiver Spinn. I have to admit though, that when I compare them side to side, same FLAC songs...they sound pretty similar. I was expecting slightly more difference though. I'm talking for both with neutral EQ. I haven't compared them with other EQ. C3's sound is slightly cleaner and more detailed, but improvement is not huge. I changed to rock settings and the sound is a lot different, but I haven't analyzed it more. Will do later. I find it a bit better, but the highs are too harsh and loud for me. Otherwise, by a quick skip through all the EQ settings they sound quite different, compared to what someone said that there's no much difference.

Well...that's it for the moment. I don't have any other things in mind that should be said. Maybe I would have liked A BIT more bass, but I have to check also other settings first.

Short conclusion....Great little device!

Maybe yours was used by someone previously and the music was still left on it ahaha :)

Yeah I thought the UI was pretty bad in my opinion and takes some getting used to and its very fiddly, Im not that bothered though the sound quality makes up for it

I thought the eq presets sounded very different, the rock one being my favourite because I thought the normal one was too recessed in the highs plus the rock one suits most of my music.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #290 of 3,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablobaluba /img/forum/go_quote.gif

<snipped>...
I bought it from bigbargains on ebay. It came very well packed.
The device came with a thin protector screen. Mine was quite sratched.
There were also a few songs on the device (lady gaga, jay z, radio stuff).

Mine was exactly the same, bought from bigbargains online, protector scratched up, same songs.
Did you get that neat little Apple A1265 like adapter...

You know the one "Designed by Abble in California"
biggrin.gif

Too fine...

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #291 of 3,325
Haha, yes, exactly the same! :)

Regarding EQ, I'm undecided yet. Rock's highs seems a bit harsh to me. I think I would liked a bit more bass though. Or maybe I was used to my old iRiver which didn't have this clarity. Maybe in a week of listening I will appreciate this sound even more.

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #292 of 3,325
Quote:
Mine was exactly the same, bought from bigbargains online, protector scratched up, same songs.
Did you get that neat little Apple A1265 like adapter...

You know the one "Designed by Abble in California"
biggrin.gif

I got it but mine is super "genuine" as it says Apple and not Abble LOL

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #293 of 3,325
I also bought from bigbargainonline last week and I am still waiting. I hope I get it this week.

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #294 of 3,325
I got some earphones in today which I've had before owning C3 however, these Kilpsch X10 pair particularly well for me with Colorfly C3. Good bass, airy, decent width and detailing levels. Probably one of the nicest pairings I've heard so far.

I'm jelly for your Ck4

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #295 of 3,325
I'm jelly for your Ck4

lol CK4+ performs best from it's line out, I was about to sell it before then. I couldn't really call it portable either, it's rather awkward.

You'd get some weird looks carrying this rig down the street in your hand and it has a few issues lol. We have a thread of bugs and problems.

Take advantage of the line out cures bass roll -off and solves the internal / external storage differences, so amping is where it's at with this player. :wink:

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #296 of 3,325
Quote:
lol CK4+ performs best from it's line out, I was about to sell it before then. I couldn't really call it portable either, it's rather awkward.

You'd get some weird looks carrying this rig down the street in your hand and it has a few issues lol. We have a thread of bugs and problems.

Take advantage of the line out cures bass roll -off and solves the internal / external storage differences, so amping is where it's at with this player.
wink.gif

Really want a Colorfly C4, although it's out of my budget. I'll have the Colorfly C4 and the Frogbeats C4 CIEMs :). "Oh, don't mind me, I'll just be listening through my C4s with my C4s XD"

Jan 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #297 of 3,325
I think on my Colorfly C3 the Jazz EQ is switched with the Rock one. At least this is how it sounds to my ears.
On all players and devices I used, I was using the Rock settings and never liked Jazz. Here is the opposite. Is this the same for anyone else?

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #299 of 3,325
I think on my Colorfly C3 the Jazz EQ is switched with the Rock one. At least this is how it sounds to my ears.
On all players and devices I used, I was using the Rock settings and never liked Jazz. Here is the opposite. Is this the same for anyone else?

Yep same here Ive come to actually prefer Jazz on my C3, at first I liked Rock but the bass was just lacking and the highs were too harsh so I switched to Jazz and loved it because its the most balanced of the EQ settings, its got just the right amount of high, mid and bass for me on my HD598.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back