Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Jan 11, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #271 of 3,325
Same boat... left all mine in ALAC as the Clip+ played them fine...

dBpoweramp Music Converter does an amazing job if you are in Windows.

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #273 of 3,325
Quote:
And if it doesn't play loud enough just add this excellent little amplifier to your C3 and rake the benefits.
cool.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

I'm achieving good results indeed.

That's still a little too bricky for me but looks nice together. It took me a while to get the Studio because it's a little fat. I said the Heir 90 because the 90 ohm impedance should be a nice fit.

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #274 of 3,325
That's still a little too bricky for me but looks nice together. It took me a while to get the Studio because it's a little fat. I said the Heir 90 because the 90 ohm impedance should be a nice fit.

About the foot print of a credit card. :smile: Thickness including the bands is.... 27mm

I don't know if C3 will drive 90ohms. To my understanding it's only 13mW into a 32ohm load, so a little under a Clip+. But the way it uses the power is quite impressive I can drive 60ohm MDR-V6 without a problem, plenty of bass punch there.

Be great if someone good test something like ER4S 100ohm and tell us what happens. Because we're kind of in the dark about just how much C3 will handle. I don't know the maths. How much power would that work out to be into a 100ohm load?

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #276 of 3,325
Having great fun with my c3 alternating between my imod using the rsa hornet or straight tbrough the headphone out all great fun.
This popping sound business is all a load of rubbish. Take it with a pinch of salt. Just buy it and enjoy it don't get consumed with all this hype.
It's a piece of cake to operate it. No instructions are needed. Childs play.
Is it worth £70? Yes. Does it sound good? Yes. Can you connect an amp to it and will that alter / improve the sound? Yes.:)

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #277 of 3,325

I found a perfect and lightweight solution for amp, actually this is amp subwoofer which kicks lower octaves without distorting C3 presentation at all. This is also lightweight and small size, can be used both line out and headphone via switcher. Easy and great all made in USA. Check this out here: http://www.digizoid.com/zo/
To tell frankly i am happy like a pig with it, gives me great bottom end with amazing articulation with great earbuds and earphones. Really I like Digizoid no less than my lovely small friend C3

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #278 of 3,325
Quote:
About the foot print of a credit card.
smile.gif
Thickness including the bands is.... 27mm

I don't know if C3 will drive 90ohms. To my understanding it's only 13mW into a 32ohm load, so a little under a Clip+. But the way it uses the power is quite impressive I can drive 60ohm MDR-V6 without a problem, plenty of bass punch there.

Be great if someone good test something like ER4S 100ohm and tell us what happens. Because we're kind of in the dark about just how much C3 will handle. I don't know the maths. How much power would that work out to be into a 100ohm load?

Well, the c3 can power the er4s but not perfectly - at volume 40 and with shure olives it is listenable without an amp but it can't go particularly loud. Actually, I wouldn't look into impedance that much as usually there's more to it than just ohm load and output power. For instance the new Vsonic Vc02 is particularly hard to drive with the c3 and its impedance is only 16ohm - even slightly harder to drive than the er4s.

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #279 of 3,325
Yeah, sensitivity plays a major roll too, I don't understand how it all works.

Me? Plug in headphone > turn on player > press play > enjoy

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #280 of 3,325
Yeah, efficiency is really hard to comprehend sometimes. 
confused.gif
 For instance that VC02 is insane - it has 16 ohm impedance and 100db sensitivity and is harder to drive than the 100 ohm, 100db er4s. Go figure.

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #281 of 3,325
Quote:
Having great fun with my c3 alternating between my imod using the rsa hornet or straight tbrough the headphone out all great fun.
This popping sound business is all a load of rubbish. Take it with a pinch of salt. Just buy it and enjoy it don't get consumed with all this hype.
It's a piece of cake to operate it. No instructions are needed. Childs play.
Is it worth £70? Yes. Does it sound good? Yes. Can you connect an amp to it and will that alter / improve the sound? Yes.
smily_headphones1.gif

As I know C3 does not has LINE OUTPUT capability. Are you using the headphone OUTPUT as the audio source to your external amp?
In this case are you "double" amplifying your audio source?
Will it sound worse rather better because you're also amplifying the noise from the internal amp in the C3.
In addition, will it damage your headphone/earphone with "double" amplification?
Any comment?

Jan 11, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #282 of 3,325
Yeah, it's double amping. No, it doesn't sound worse because the C3 has a very clean headphone out output. No, doble amping won't damage the headphones

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #284 of 3,325
Quote:
Yeah, it's double amping. No, it doesn't sound worse because the C3 has a very clean headphone out output. No, doble amping won't damage the headphones

The SNR for C3 is 97dB. Comparing to high end DAP, usually the SNR is beyond 100 dB.

Has anyone used the audio noise filter for the  output source from C3 before line into the amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back