Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Oct 7, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #2,221 of 3,325
 Quick question, I lost 3 of the 4 screws on the back of my colorfly c3. Would anybody know where to get replacement screws? I know its T6 torx (M2) screws, the lenght I can measure, but I can't tell what the pitch is?
Any help would be appreciated :)

In this situation I would take the remaining screw to a decent hardware store where they can match it.

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #2,223 of 3,325
That's what I tried, but these are not your regular screws, they don't match anything :frowning2:

No other electronic devices laying around that may have something that fits? Something you can salvage from? Radio control car? Old Walkman?

I doubt anyone here will know what thread type it is but Goodluck.

If you can just find one more screw two will hold it on, one in each opposite corner.

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #2,224 of 3,325
No other electronic devices laying around that may have something that fits? Something you can salvage from? Radio control car? Old Walkman?

I doubt anyone here will know what thread type it is but Goodluck.

If you can just find one more screw two will hold it on, one in each opposite corner.

Yeah I tried that too, but because the screws have an unusual pitch I haven't been able to find any unfortunately. And yes I doubt it too, but it's worth a try anyway. You are already giving suggestions, so at least that's something :) Thanks for that by the way!

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #2,225 of 3,325
Yeah I tried that too, but because the screws have an unusual pitch I haven't been able to find any unfortunately. And yes I doubt it too, but it's worth a try anyway. You are already giving suggestions, so at least that's something :) Thanks for that by the way!

Well, one screw and a bound of electrical tape wrapped around tightly just below the screen it is then.

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #2,226 of 3,325
   Quick question, I lost 3 of the 4 screws on the back of my colorfly c3. Would anybody know where to get replacement screws? I know its T6 torx (M2) screws, the lenght I can measure, but I can't tell what the pitch is?

I just have to ask - how did you managed to lose not 1 but 3 of the screws 
rolleyes.gif
?
Anyway, it's not like colorfly has created a completely new type of scree just for the c3. The big chains of hardware stores should definitely have something that fits even if it has a different head. Or you can get the last screw scanned and find someone with a 3d printer to make you 3 more 
wink_face.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #2,227 of 3,325

I will measure the screws for you tonight and see what size they are.

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #2,229 of 3,325
I imagine it is a stock metric thread, that you could also measure... 
biggrin.gif

Thankfully the Chi-Nee didn't create their own thread sizes...

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #2,230 of 3,325
Well, one screw and a bound of electrical tape wrapped around tightly just below the screen it is then.

I got it pretty well secured now, I would just like to fill up the holes with screws again, it just feels safer :)

I just have to ask - how did you managed to lose not 1 but 3 of the screws 
rolleyes.gif
?
Anyway, it's not like colorfly has created a completely new type of scree just for the c3. The big chains of hardware stores should definitely have something that fits even if it has a different head. Or you can get the last screw scanned and find someone with a 3d printer to make you 3 more 
wink_face.gif

They came loose and sometimes I didn't notice untill they were gone, I use my colorfly while running a lot so on long runs I sometimes manage to lose one :frowning2:
I have acces to multiple 3D printers, but technology has not advanced far enough to print thread this small and precise, certainly not metal printers, sadly..

I imagine it is a stock metric thread, that you could also measure... 
biggrin.gif

Thankfully the Chi-Nee didn't create their own thread sizes...

Nope I got some other screws with normal thread out of an old gameboy, though these had a greater pitch. Although it would be possible that these were not stock either.. 

But I got another idea, I will post it when I find it works 
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #2,231 of 3,325
Okay I found it out eventually, its torx t6 M2x4,5 threadsize 0,40 which is indeed stock threadsize for M2 bolts. I guess I was wrong there, but at least now we know :)
Here's a picture for proof:

Thanks everyone for your help!

Oct 8, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #2,233 of 3,325
Hi, here's my setup. C3 + CMOY Bengkel Macro v4 Mark III + Pailiccs 8 pure copper 4 silver interconnect. I like to pair with Sony MH1, Xiaomi Piston 2.1, and ATH-M50

bc220564750ea4ff1cf64635a65b1e46.jpg

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #2,234 of 3,325
Nice image!

Oct 11, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #2,235 of 3,325
There had been word for sometime Colorfly were making a new player. Many of us had hopes it would be something for everyone.

While I can't say its for everyone, they're going to deliver.

From the Obscure Chinese DAP thread.

Originally Posted by pekingduck 

The successor of the Colorfly C4. Source: http://erji.net/read.php?tid=1722405

It won't be called the C5, according to the above link.

Specs not yet published.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back