Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread
Dec 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #1,921 of 3,325

H20 you're a legend! Took me hours to find the solution i was looking for... didn't expect the answer to come from you! I should've just asked you weeks ago! 
biggrin.gif

So busy ripping all my cd's to flac; man, this is a lot of work!

Anyway, I'm so in love with the C3 right now! Pairing it with the C5 and I noticed that it's a little bit warmer than straight from the C3's dad/amp. Great combo by the way... but in some cases, I like the standalone C3 for portability. My iPod touch 5gen is starting to collect dust...

Each time I purchased a Cowon player they went redundant to C3. The first to go was Cowons S9, then D2+, C2, and last of all (which I still think has a wonderful vibe) Cowon J3. The Cowons sounded nice but Colorfly C3 took it that step further in detail, soundstage, and most noticeably instrument separation. Each time I looked over at my Cowons I thought I don't need these around when I have the C3, and off they went to new homes, even though I adored my J3's build and sexy looks and the screen was great to use at the end of the day I'm about the sound. Another player than went out the door because of C3 was HM-601, I also felt it couldn't keep up in the same technical areas and it was a touch warm and closed in compared. Although I do feel my Studio V is better (and more so a different flavour) I have questioned some areas next to the Colorfly.

Should of heard C3 do the $1k+ 1Plus2 with silver/gold cable proud, sounded really really good! I preferred the synergy over the Hisound players. So we're not crazy, the little thing sounds great and all for $100. 

Dec 7, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #1,922 of 3,325

Each time I purchased a Cowon player they went redundant to C3. The first to go was Cowons S9, then D2+, C2, and last of all (which I still think has a wonderful vibe) Cowon J3. The Cowons sounded nice but Colorfly C3 took it that step further in detail, soundstage, and most noticeably instrument separation. Each time I looked over at my Cowons I thought I don't need these around when I have the C3, and off they went to new homes, even though I adored my J3's build and sexy looks and the screen was great to use at the end of the day I'm about the sound. Another player than went out the door because of C3 was HM-601, I also felt it couldn't keep up in the same technical areas and it was a touch warm and closed in compared. Although I do feel my Studio V is better (and more so a different flavour) I have questioned some areas next to the Colorfly.

Should of heard C3 do the $1k+ 1Plus2 with silver/gold cable proud, sounded really really good! I preferred the synergy over the Hisound players. So we're not crazy, the little thing sounds great and all for $100. 

+100 
gs1000.gif

Colorfly is cool little DAP, even sado-maso GUI cannot spoil music party.

Dec 7, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #1,924 of 3,325

H20 you're a legend! Took me hours to find the solution i was looking for... didn't expect the answer to come from you! I should've just asked you weeks ago! 
biggrin.gif

So busy ripping all my cd's to flac; man, this is a lot of work!

Anyway, I'm so in love with the C3 right now! Pairing it with the C5 and I noticed that it's a little bit warmer than straight from the C3's dad/amp. Great combo by the way... but in some cases, I like the standalone C3 for portability. My iPod touch 5gen is starting to collect dust...

Yup, that is the way to go if it works for you. Fast. Simple. For some reason however, it didn't work 100% for me. I can't recall the details, and I will try it again.

Anyway, if you find that it doesn't work properly for you either, and if you are using windows, you can download Fat Sorter. You run it and it prompts for the directory to sort, and then does it's thing (takes a minute or two depending on the size of the card):
http://softadvice.informer.com/Fat_Sorter_V1.0.4.html

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #1,925 of 3,325
Yup, that is the way to go if it works for you. Fast. Simple. For some reason however, it didn't work 100% for me. I can't recall the details, and I will try it again.

Anyway, if you find that it doesn't work properly for you either, and if you are using windows, you can download Fat Sorter. You run it and it prompts for the directory to sort, and then does it's thing (takes a minute or two depending on the size of the card):
http://softadvice.informer.com/Fat_Sorter_V1.0.4.html

Yeah, I do have fat sorter but my main os is Mac. Just didn't wanna load boot camp just to sort some folders hehehe

Dec 7, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #1,926 of 3,325
Is it easy to replace the battery on the C3?

Dec 7, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #1,927 of 3,325
Dec 9, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #1,928 of 3,325
Yes indeed, it is really nice sounding little minimalistic player. Thank you H20Fidelity for inspiration. And it is wonderfully pairing with Yamaha's HPH200. Only one thing spoiling my enjoyment very much and it's very annoying. Just uploaded to youtube to show you guys.

Could someone please tell me is just I got faulty one or there is a fix for this? It is happening in 80% of all times. Sometimes it is fine, working normally, but in few minutes goes nuts and only reset can stop this. I have a latest firmware. I don't know, may be buttons became too sensitive. Should I try to remove protective film? May be it could help? Or downgrade firmware?

Dec 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #1,929 of 3,325
  Yes indeed, it is really nice sounding little minimalistic player. Thank you H20Fidelity for inspiration. And it is wonderfully pairing with Yamaha's HPH200. Only one thing spoiling my enjoyment very much and it's very annoying. Just uploaded to youtube to show you guys.

Could someone please tell me is just I got faulty one or there is a fix for this? It is happening in 80% of all times. Sometimes it is fine, working normally, but in few minutes goes nuts and only reset can stop this. I have a latest firmware. I don't know, may be buttons became too sensitive. Should I try to remove protective film? May be it could help? Or downgrade firmware?

I have never see it do this before. My guess is that it is a faulty player. That's too bad. Anyone else seen this?

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #1,930 of 3,325

I've encountered this issue before, if not many times, and it gets really annoying. I don't think there's a way to prevent this, and well..I've lived with mine doing that, and the only way to stop it temporarily is to turn it off then back on. 

Dec 10, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #1,932 of 3,325
lol that's bad, never had this so no idea but i doubt this is protective screen responsible for this. try FW rollback or update. if not works then may be you can replace it?

Dec 10, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #1,933 of 3,325
Definitely take off the protective coating and see if it corrects the issue, it could be static electricity building up sending the touch pad weird. Also try without any micro SD card inserted. To me it looks like the menu key is activating by itself. It's not normal. What a shame because that pairing does sound great, it'll be well worth exchanging the unit if we can't resolve it. One doesn't need to put up with that.

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #1,935 of 3,325
shrisha:
I have exaclty the same problem but it happens very rarely.
I haven't contacted Colorfly because I don't want to return the unit as I don't consider the problem to be serious.
The only solution is to reset the device using a pin.

When you get a response from Colorfly about this issue, I am really interested to know it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back