Colorfly C10 - Colorfly Is Back!
Mar 10, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #123 of 397
Just hit Massdrop for $349 with 5 buyers needed, $329 10 buyers needed.
I'd be interested but the Cayin N5 seems to have more features that I'd want (line out, balanced output)
for not too much more cash.

Mar 12, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #124 of 397
Cancelled my order because I can't find enough info on power with the PM-3. I saw a spec that said 16 ohm and it made me worried.

Mar 18, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #125 of 397
Got mine today. Excellent quality sound, kind of poor UI. Too bad the buzz is not great either, because this has the potential to be an audiophile must if your budget is not that great. Hope artwork is added in a future update too.

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #126 of 397
Ok, after several hours of playing and testing I can say this is incredibly good as far as sound quality goes. I listen primarily to Heavy metal (black, death, thrash, power...) classic rock, classical and jazz. Visually speaking it looks REALLY beautiful. The wooden finish and the vintage-modern contrast design is a candy for the eyes. It would be perfect were it not for the lack of artwork support and a simple internal eq. If someone from Colorfly is reading this, please, make artwork visible and put in a simple eq. Until then: 9/10.
Cheers.

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #127 of 397
I've detected an issue with the TF card. If you set the auto-off timer on then when you boot after the player have turned off automatically it won't recognize the TF card. You need to reinsert the card so the player will recognize it again. Weird issue...
Everything else is good as i said earlier.

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #129 of 397
I've compared to Plenue P1 which I bought to replace C10. Unfortunately P1 was obliterated in terms of sound quality. Cowon had way to much boomy bass, recessed and unpleasant (digital sounding) top end unimpressive soundstage. C10 is to me liquid smooth with kinda tubey sound but not muffled at all almost like a high grade stationary DAC. Plenue p1 was sold very quickly and I still have C10 with me.

Jul 22, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #134 of 397
Ok so I wen't on rampage recently and I've tried to raplace C10 with something that is more user friendly for every day use. I've bought Pioneer XDP-100r, Astell & Kern Ak300, and auditioned astell AK70, AK380, Questyle QP1r, Some time ago I've also bought and selled Plenue P1 also with the intention to replace C10.

This is how I feel about each of them:

Plenue P1 - a real let down. Boomy base and artificial treble. It sounded only little better then my old cowon s9. Don't know from where all the good reviews came in. Colorfly just destroyed it in every category in terms of sound.

Pioneer XDP-100r - absolutely great sounding DAP. Very balanced sound, maybe a little thin in the middle but nothing to complain about, forward sounding, never dry or harsh. Great clarity, resolution and best soundstage that I heard from a portable source. It completely lacks however. musicality. It's sounds great but somehow listening on it I'm not excited about the music and I'm not having a good time. Albums that i like bored me halfway through.

Qp1r - forward sounding, great bass, tons of power, horrible stering wheel that feels like it's broken. The thing that bothered me with it is that it sounded to slow. So slow that at first I thought that there was some option on with playback slowed down. 

AK70 - good player but unfortunately not in the class of mentioned players here. 

ak380 - very good sounding player but the price it's a joke. 

ak300 - quite pleasant although it has a little recessed highs and with accent on base it sounds a little darkish. It has a very good resolution and the overall sound seems very refined. Darker signature with very good sound in technical way balances the overall experience and you can hear every detail even on low volume. Perfect player for long listening sessions. It's not as involving as c10 unfortunately.

Conclusion: I'm still sticking with C10. It's sounds so good that I can forgive it's poor ui.

FYI
I'm not a colorfly employee or anything. I just like this player so much :)

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #135 of 397
I think the iBasso DX80 should be on your short list. By far the best sounding DAP I've come across. The power it puts out is fantastic and the dual Cirrus chips make a wonderfully detailed and wide sound. Highly recommended. Some people have ran into firmware issues, but I've never had a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back